Backpack.tf Community Playdates!

Santa Heavy

The only thing I do when I play TF2 is type sarcastic comments and notes about sentries/spies

Sounds like bonding to me.

You are cleverpun after all.

Yep playing is fun. I remember a few days ago when we got some bp.tf people in one server.^^

But yeah I'm from Europe, remeber that and playing with andy on a eastcost server is a bit hard (ping ~160). But yeah, it will work. :P

One day someone could make a EU server.

I would like to help all with their problems eventually. c:

Yep playing is fun. I remember a few days ago when we got some bp.tf people in one server.^^

But yeah I'm from Europe, remeber that and playing with andy on a eastcost server is a bit hard (ping ~160). But yeah, it will work. :P

playing with andy? ahahahahahahahahahah

playing with andy? ahahahahahahahahahah

Hey he joins my servers from time to time and as long he is one my team and headshotting the other team or pocketing me, I'm fine. :P Srsly it's fun to play with him.^^

Hey he joins my servers from time to time and as long he is one my team and headshotting the other team or pocketing me, I'm fine. :P Srsly it's fun to play with him.^^

Scale of 1-10 how sarcastic is he ingame. xD

I-I've never played with any of you guys ;_;

I'm all for the idea of having some servers we can use, although I'm sure Brad doesn't have the means of renting dedicated bp.tf servers. I'm fine with any type of gamemode, but just disable random crits and bullet spread when it's PVP (especially random crits, I die every time). Maybe we can even get a stream going! (though I'm not sure how many people even care...)

I'm all for the idea of having some servers we can use, although I'm sure Brad doesn't have the means of renting dedicated bp.tf servers. I'm fine with any type of gamemode, but just disable random crits and bullet spread when it's PVP (especially random crits, I die every time). Maybe we can even get a stream going! (though I'm not sure how many people even care...)

Add me bby.

And we need brads approval for all of this.

If you admins could shoot the word to him I'd be very thankful.

Like I've noted before, I'd be thrilled if you guys wanted to use my tf2 server as kind of a backpack.tf official server or something like that.  It would be nice to be able to get my community name out there.  Though I must say that if it were PVP, disabling random crits takes away from that tf2 luck that I've come to know and love :P

Like I've noted before, I'd be thrilled if you guys wanted to use my tf2 server as kind of a backpack.tf official server or something like that.  Though I must say that if it were PVP, disabling random crits takes away from that tf2 luck that I've come to know and love :P

Agreed with the crits.

Guess you have crap luck shen

ahahahahahahahahahah

OP people are too OP

I was in a server with him once. As soon as he left, everybody started celebrating in chat

Synester add me so we can discuss the details of the server. Are you willing to change it to the backpack.tf community server?

Unless of course this needs approval of the admins of backpack...

It won't be an official Backpack.tf server until Brad approves it. 

Random crits are BS... I haven't played on a random crit server for a while now. Last time I was on one, I remember getting killed very often by random spam that would just find its way into my face. Also, how are you supposed to triple airshot with random crit rockets? :P

It also makes it imposible to know when to retreat or advance... I think I can jump in when I've got 150 health, do some damage, and leave, and suddenly random crit sticky insta-kill. And the only time I get random crits is when I'm in a situation where I know I can win already... like that scout has 30 hp and I've got a shotgun, the shotgun's like "hey let's random crit the scout for 180 damage"... why???  Then I proceed to die by a random crit rocket spam

In regard to gamemodes, randomizer definitely should be one of them! Nothing better than getting a loadout of booties, gunboats, and fan o war.

A friend of mine once got mantreads, cozy camper, and mad milk.

He left the server shortly after.

Random crits are BS... I haven't played on a random crit server for a while now. Last time I was on one, I remember getting killed very often by random spam that would just find its way into my face. Also, how are you supposed to triple airshot with random crit rockets? :P

It also makes it imposible to know when to retreat or advance... I think I can jump in when I've got 150 health, do some damage, and leave, and suddenly random crit sticky insta-kill. And the only time I get random crits is when I'm in a situation where I know I can win already... like that scout has 30 hp and I've got a shotgun, the shotgun's like "hey let's random crit the scout for 180 damage"... why???  Then I proceed to die by a random crit rocket spam

In regard to gamemodes, randomizer definitely should be one of them! Nothing better than getting a loadout of booties, gunboats, and fan o war.

Scale of 1-10 how sarcastic is he ingame. xD

I was in a server with him once. As soon as he left, everybody started celebrating in chat

Hehe, yeah he is very sarcastic and he trolls all the time. :P And of course everybody that takes that serious get's pissed. lol^^

There are like 240 trade servers running the backpack.tf plugin http://backpack.tf/servers -- I think having our own server is kind of adding to the already large pool. I do like the idea of "play dates" though, this is definitely something we should look into!

I once joined a kritzkast server invasion and it was a lot of fun, maybe we can do something like this!

There are like 240 trade servers running the backpack.tf plugin http://backpack.tf/servers -- I think having our own server is kind of adding to the already large pool.

I assumed as much with the whole "official server" thing.  Though if you guys have any game modes / ideas of what you would like to play & when, I could modify the server to accomidate that for whatever time that we would be doing it at.  All we need now is some more input from the community or someone to decide set date/times. :D

Brad is there anyway we could arrange these playdates?

If you'd listen I'd have some suggestions on this.

Game modes could be suggested to a poll and voted on every week.

For several specific times per week we could have these voted games on a server.

These playdates could be announced on the backpack.tf site.

(Since not everyone looks at the forum.)

And we could switch game modes every week.

Appearances by Brad or other admins/respected community members could happen.

Voting would take place on a playdate poll thread created by Brad each week and others could add some servers or gamemodes.

Let me know how soon this could be started because this idea excites me so much. x3

There are like 240 trade servers running the backpack.tf plugin http://backpack.tf/servers -- I think having our own server is kind of adding to the already large pool. I do like the idea of "play dates" though, this is definitely something we should look into!

I once joined a kritzkast server invasion and it was a lot of fun, maybe we can do something like this!

Also yay! c:

Shall I make a seperate thread to get the ball rolling on this idea?  Don't want the idea to die out :P

Go for it c: keep it fresh

Archived