Item history does not make sense to me.

InfernoD3stiny

So recently I traded a bot on Scrap.tf and had zero issues with that trade. But when I check the history of the Strange Australium Wrench I just got, it claims I'm the only owner and only person that shows up in the history. How and why is that? Did I just trade for a duped Strange Australium Wrench? I also hope this is the right place for this, thanks. (added the pic to show you what I'm seeing) 

image.png

I had that once on a hat I bought, showed me as the only person, i refreshed and then the complete history came up, my advice, try again

Probably a guy who never logged in Bp.tf, the poor bastard sold it to a scrap.tf bot to buy tons of unique hats 

3 minutes ago, Forgivable said:

Probably a guy who never logged in Bp.tf, the poor bastard sold it to a scrap.tf bot to buy tons of unique hats 

I really hope that is that case tbh. The weird thing is I don't see why the bot wouldn't show up.

4 minutes ago, lucco51 said:

I had that once on a hat I bought, showed me as the only person, i refreshed and then the complete history came up, my advice, try again

So far it's been a little bit and I've refreshed a few times and it still only shows me.

Just now, The Red Chicken said:

a duped item will say its duped. youre fine

I was aware of that, just wanted to ask to make sure ya know?

In order to appear in the item history on backpack.tf, you need to view your inventory on backpack.tf. The inventory of scrap.tf bots changes pretty often, and usually nobody views their inventory on backpack.tf as there's no reason to do that. The original owner also haven't viewed their inventory on backpack.tf, that's why they haven't appeared in the item history.

Just as the other user said, the original owner never logged into backpack.tf and then sold it to scrap.tf.

The scrap.tf bot didn't have the backpack.tf backpack loaded before you bought it, so it ended up in your inventory first.

You can tell this because of the item # and ID # on the left side.

The ID # with your name next to it is different from the History for item #. It shows there were other owners that don't show in the history.

If you are the original owner of the item, the item would look like this:

image.png.98e2e907b6a6e1d286fe10790b79c7e4.png

The history for item # and ID # are the same, as I was the first owner of this item.

If your item was duped, it would have a "Duplicated" tag on the right side of the item, like this:

image.png.b7b8cfb34e81788474e8b5bed864a36d.png

Backpack.tf isn't omniscient. If nobody checked the bots inventory on bp tf when it had the item, it won't show up on the history.

Yall are amazing people. thank you so so much for explaining this to me and not just yelling at me. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night UwU. 

Archived