Hey. I know that this is dumb, but about mannco.store...

mal1507

So, yesterday, I posted a listing of an unusual taunt on backpack.tf. A guy contacted me like 30 seconds after I posted it and asked if I was still selling it. I said yes and he told me to go check the price on mannco.store and said that he doesn't trust backpack.tf prices or something. I was reluctant at first because I have gotten scammed by these types of websites before, but eventually I decided to make a deposit. But when I confirmed it, the item wasn't showing up. I asked the guy who contacted me if this was normal and I kinda started freaking out. The guy didn't believe me and thought that I was just joking around. Then, I looked at the ''Bot''s profile and realized that this was a person that was pretending to be a scrap.tf and mannco.store bot. They had no info, no items and no games and they frequently changed their username and profile picture. I got scammed and Steam probably won't do anything. It looks like everyone had a positive experience with this website, but I wonder if anyone had the same thing happen to them. I know that I probably can't, but can I do anything? And should we trust this website? Oh, the guy who contacted me blocked me btw.

bot.PNG

1 hour ago, mal1507 said:

So, yesterday, I posted a listing of an unusual taunt on backpack.tf. A guy contacted me like 30 seconds after I posted it and asked if I was still selling it. I said yes and he told me to go check the price on mannco.store and said that he doesn't trust backpack.tf prices or something. I was reluctant at first because I have gotten scammed by these types of websites before, but eventually I decided to make a deposit. But when I confirmed it, the item wasn't showing up. I asked the guy who contacted me if this was normal and I kinda started freaking out. The guy didn't believe me and thought that I was just joking around. Then, I looked at the ''Bot''s profile and realized that this was a person that was pretending to be a scrap.tf and mannco.store bot. They had no info, no items and no games and they frequently changed their username and profile picture. I got scammed and Steam probably won't do anything. It looks like everyone had a positive experience with this website, but I wonder if anyone had the same thing happen to them. I know that I probably can't, but can I do anything? And should we trust this website? Oh, the guy who contacted me blocked me btw.

bot.PNG

Did you actually go through Mannco.Store itself and click "Deposit" to select the item to deposit or did the scammer directly send you the link to the "bot"?

Yeah, usually that happens. You expect a trade offer from a trusted site (like scraptf, manncostore or even others), you got a trade offer from a scammer. In this case you usually get 2 I think. They can copy the sites and the bots, too.

20 minutes ago, GaZt0N said:

Oldest trick in a book, nothing you can do about it, just learn from your mistakes and move on.

Best summary. Never ever trade outside steam, use only the trusted sites, don't deal with people who want you to trade anything with a website to "check the price, check the marketability...". I think it is pretty easy to notice scammers, isn't it?

Same ideas, same scripts, sometimes they are pushy, they don't negotiate, buy several items, wanna make you trade outside Steam, use discord asap... 

Is there a guide how not to be scammed? 😮 

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Did you actually go through Mannco.Store itself and click "Deposit" to select the item to deposit or did the scammer directly send you the link to the "bot"?

I clicked Deposit.

1 hour ago, yoghur7 said:

Yeah, usually that happens. You expect a trade offer from a trusted site (like scraptf, manncostore or even others), you got a trade offer from a scammer. In this case you usually get 2 I think. They can copy the sites and the bots, too.

Best summary. Never ever trade outside steam, use only the trusted sites, don't deal with people who want you to trade anything with a website to "check the price, check the marketability...". I think it is pretty easy to notice scammers, isn't it?

Same ideas, same scripts, sometimes they are pushy, they don't negotiate, buy several items, wanna make you trade outside Steam, use discord asap... 

Is there a guide how not to be scammed? 😮 

I tested it first and gave them a hat and it worked but I know that I should have known better.

2 hours ago, GaZt0N said:

Oldest trick in a book, nothing you can do about it, just learn from your mistakes and move on.

You're right. I shoulda known better considering that this has happened before.

Anyone asking you to check price on some other site other than backpack.tf could potentially be a scammer. 
backpack.tf is the only pricing site for TF2 items, while there are a lot of other sites used to buy and sell TF2 items, if you aren't sure about a site or never heard of it do not go for it or even login.

You can always seek help from the community here on the forums or you can also join backpack.tf's discord server for advice - https://discord.gg/f5VS7cr

7 hours ago, mal1507 said:

I clicked Deposit.

You were API scammed, you need to revoke any foreign API keys from your account or your trade deposits will always redirect to that scammers account. https://scrap.tf/help/kb/213

Change your steam credentials and log out all devices or they will still be able to add API keys to your account. Avoid this in the future by not inputting your credentials anywhere suspicious.

Archived