Is this scam website?

Plat

Hello guys, today somebody was added me like 10 minutes ago. He said i need to make https://tf2shooter.com's advertisement. idk this website is legit or not. But i checked and i think its scam. Please do not pay attention to this person. This is the chat's history. You can check by yourself. I dont want to somebody scammed. Thank you for your attention. Its the profile of this person https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199030658069/

lq4EtP9.thumb.jpg.a5f59fc264ba6cb3193b0318873ce682.jpg

Yeah you are right. Also i dont want somebody get scammed. This is my main goal. This is why i created this post. Thank you for responding. :) 

28 minutes ago, Buddy said:

most definitely a scammer, as is any other person that adds you and attempts something at all similar

Yes,my point was very similar.                                     Edit:i misread it

Ok, now this happened to me, but instead of it being some random Joe trader, it was a HIGH TIER TRADER. Linked me a site named something along the lines of tf2(insert something here).net. I immediately noticed the login screen did not take me to steam community.com and politely told them that they were being scammed if they were using the site. They removed me as a friend, cleared the chat logs, so I have no evidence of this ever happening. However the next day I added them back to see if this was all some sort of joke and they acted like a completely different person. This user is still very active, even posting price suggestions almost everyday. I thought that using help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog would display any of them, but they only store 2 weeks worth of messages.

23 minutes ago, thebanditruby said:

Ok, now this happened to me, but instead of it being some random Joe trader, it was a HIGH TIER TRADER. Linked me a site named something along the lines of tf2(insert something here).net. I immediately noticed the login screen did not take me to steam community.com and politely told them that they were being scammed if they were using the site. They removed me as a friend, cleared the chat logs, so I have no evidence of this ever happening. However the next day I added them back to see if this was all some sort of joke and they acted like a completely different person. This user is still very active, even posting price suggestions almost everyday. I thought that using help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog would display any of them, but they only store 2 weeks worth of messages.

it was a impersonator, it was pretending to be someone big so you would trust him. if they tell you who they are straigh away and link you a backpack.tf profile then they are probably scammers.

If: prices of the theoretically expensive items are absurdly low on such a site/you can't check profiles of the players/random people invite you there through the steam comments/"ToS" allow withdrawals after achieving a certain level THEN most likely it's a scam/phishing site

I can sadly confirm that it is a scam, i lost about $60 worth of my inventory and now im being ignored by the one who gave it to me, the chat logs on the site are just random names repeating the same dialog over and over and when i followed the F.A.Q it sent me here as to rub salt into the wound. Do not trust this site or any who promote it, just instantly report them.

For anyone else having the same question, but from someone else, proposing a different deal (voting for a friend, verifying items, invitations to a group to play, etc.) on a different website link: Yes, it's a scam.

If you believe you were a victim of Hijacking/Phishing, I suggest you do the following:

Change your password(s), if you used the same password on Steam and anywhere else, you should do the same on these sites.
De-authorize any other devices: https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage
Revoke any API keys: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey

If a random person adds you and gives you a link to an unfamiliar website, you should automatically assume it's malicious in 99/100 cases. If you look the site up and can't find any references to its existence in any forums (such as reddit, the bp. tf forums or elsewhere) or elsewhere, don't trust it whatsoever!

Archived