How to open a closed chat?

Zcrab

So a guy added me saying "My friend wants to trade with you, but can't add you, so you will have to add him, here is his steam account: *Phishing link*"

Now, I did click the link, but realized, "community" was spelled worng, and immideatly closed google chrome, and because of ultra slow internet connection, I don't think that the hijacker got my information

But I still want to get this bastard banned, so how can I open a chat that I closed? I closed the chat because I did not think of reporting him. He also deleted me immideatly after typing his message.

His Steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/StarringOff/

He also tried hijacking another guy so I am 100% sure that he is a hijacker

So a guy added me saying "My friend wants to trade with you, but can't add you, so you will have to add him, here is his steam account: *Phishing link*"

Now, I did click the link, but realized, "community" was spelled worng, and immideatly closed google chrome, and because of ultra slow internet connection, I don't think that the hijacker got my information

But I still want to get this bastard banned, so how can I open a chat that I closed? I closed the chat because I did not think of reporting him. He also deleted me immideatly after typing his message.

His Steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/StarringOff/

He also tried hijacking another guy so I am 100% sure that he is a hijacker

You need to log into the site for him to get any info. Theres no point in reporting him, they have hundreds of alts that they use so getting one banned won't change anything; and if the account isn't an alt its more than likely hijacked. 

If you are still friends with him, simply go to "Send a message" and your previous chat should be there.

EDIT: didn't see the removed part

Posted · Hidden by Chief D, February 26, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Chief D, February 26, 2014 - No reason given

Try asking Gandalf.

Ah, i'm soz m8, i'm bored so i'm haunting random topics i can find. But about your qu3stion, i have no idea, actually would like to know too.

Let me tell you the story of me old bones.

Lol, he just added then immediately removed me :3 

Yea he added alot of people from my friends lists too

But I am logged in automatically, won't that give him my information?

Don't think so, you're probably logged in to steam, the link he gave you wasn't steam. If you didn't do anything in the phishing site, you're safe.

Me be happy. Hijackers are the scariest thing to sponsors.

If you ever need evidence of hijackings, 99% (estimated value) of the time, if you add him back later, he'll happily add you and send the same message again. He gets too much abuse to even try to remember who's alert. I know this because I've tried very hard to make him remember me but he just won't. As Awesome said though, he doesn't mind being obvious while trying to hijack accounts because he can easily swap to another account of his own.

Thats not how phishing works :3 

There are two types of hijacking types of scams. 1) Which downloads a virus, 2) Which asks for your information. The former is a hack and the latter is a phish. Phishing is when someone sends you a link to a fake site that looks similar to the real site so you'll log in with your real info, and that site is linked to the steam api so it logs into the real steam site at the same time. You "log in" to the fake site, and the fake site actually tries to use that info on the real steam site, which is why you get the steam guard prompt.

Archived