Fun Game! Look Into Your Inventory History and Cry!

WaTTs

With the state of the economy, I remember having such expensive hats and super rare items, that weren't super expensive at the time. Remember when you could get a Unusual Bonk-Boy for 27 keys? Yeah me too. I thought it was fun (but depressing) to go through my inventory history and see how much money I've had over the years. 

Attached Pic: Bought Butterfly fade for GE Tossle Cap// Sold Butterfly Fade AND Energy Orb Scattergun for Time Warp Tossle. 😟

Comment some depressing trades if you knew what the 2021 economy would look like

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 8.36.54 PM.png

Inventory history, you say? So...not necessarily trades?

77MmO1b.png

buy orders currently at 19 keys each for those crates...

No sense in getting yourself down thinking about what trades you could have/should have made; we've all made trades that we later regret. Learn from them and move on

I was very new to trading when i started playing and never even realised about backpac.tf so in my infinte wisdom went asking around and ended up trading my strange Festive (not festivised) sniper rifle for a strange medic gun :S i shit you not :(

Was pushed into letting my poisoned shadows all class misc antlers go for only 1800 usd , 1 hour after getting it.

only trade I truly regret. 

You have no clue how many nice hats I bought, enjoyed for a week, then sold for less than I paid for because I was desperate to move on to the next shiny new hat. Not like 4-digit mega-god-tiers that most of the main people on this site have had but still pricey ones.

Think I'll admit my most dipshit-ass trade sequence of buying a clean scorching Killer's Kabuto for $250 USD (~140 keys at the time, was a great deal considering others were at 190-200 keys), quickselling it for 125 so I can buy an Arcana Valley Forge (B/O of 150), proceeding to 1:1 that with a secret to everybody Defiant Spartan (B/O of 135), then 1:1'ing that for a crappy Anti-Freeze Cloud Crasher (B/O of 130) that nobody wanted, all in the span of about 2 weeks. Of course at the time I wasn't into trading at all, I just wanted to blow money on "shiny hats I wanted since middle school".

Hopefully I'll manage to trade back up to something truly worth a "not for sale ever" tag on bp.tf, I've got the patience for it now, but I've lost easily $700+ USD on this game in the past 2 years because my impulses and inability to just wait and trade properly for the next hat I want.

No need to look in the inventory to remember.

As I started earning decent money and did not have something to save for, I spent a decent amount of cash on unusuals a few years back, just to get an amazing loadout.

Did not take the opportunity to buy the 1:1 strange nebula captain spacemann for under 2000$ in keys, got a regular one for 1250$ indirectly instead.

decided to cash out a while ago and downgraded my regular nebula spacemann to unusuals to sell individually (got around 1900$  for them, thankfully before mptf went sad and private)

Last sale for the spacemann a month ago around 3000 keys.

Sometimes this haunts me.

Pretty much everything I traded in the past is now worth less than when I traded it.
Except for some csgo cases that I sold for a couple euros and are now like 10+. But it was on the SCM and I don't really keep track of everything that I sell

I bought and applied some pretty valuable stickers back in the day, sold them on steam community market later for no additional value as they weren't worth much at the time.

Not much compared to what some of these guys lost but still about $300 in stickers that I would've had if I kept and didn't apply them, or at least some really cool items that would've also been crafted by me personally, the skins I put the stickers on matched pretty damn well in my opinion so they would've been pretty nice novelty items.

fLrhlgX.png

Qcf2Mn6.png

pM97C9A.png

2HUSqJh.png

bwffrEN.png

LOPK847.png

W8C1aya.png

Back in like May 2015 I traded my Aces High Exquisite Rack (that I bought with a Cloud 9 Strontium Stove Pipe + Blizzardy Storm Guadalajara) for a Steaming Pampered Pyro because it was "themed".

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Oh, here's this again: the blizzardy pencil pusher I unboxed (as my literal first ever unbox) way back in 2013:

MMjb6K0.png

Ps7eVoT.png

Can't really say if I was "sharked" or not, since I sold it to a "friend" on some old community servers where I just wanted some other hats and had no clue what unusuals were worth at the time, and I can't remember if they told me that it's worth more than that or not.

Kinda sad since I was planning on re-buying that pencil pusher a year ago when they were still 40 keys tops, but now it's worth 128+ keys so I'll pass. (At the time of unboxing it wasn't even a misc, so it was only a 16-17 key hat if anyone was curious)

Sold a voices max's for 26 keys not too long ago, not as bad as some of these. I remember seeing a duped rofp + voices max go unsold at 45 keys, and the guy 1:1'd it for a hh merc's muffler.

09AB0mR.png

Not so much in bad trades but I have these low crafts I personally crafted permanently stuck in an account I no longer have access to. This also includes two low tier unusuals, the collector kits you see here and a crimson web huntsman knife with an almost perfect web pattern.

23 hours ago, mikey boi said:

You have no clue how many nice hats I bought, enjoyed for a week, then sold for less than I paid for because I was desperate to move on to the next shiny new hat.

This hits way too close to home 

sold this like 2 weeks before miscs skyrocketed and buyers jumped to like 15 keys more than this. not the worst but still kinda salty

cry.JPG

stupidly sold my most pink autumn shotgun 2 years ago, wish i still hat it.  Bright pink the entire barrel, id probably buy it back for double at this point

image.png.9a0731bc83d50834f1b193883703b5d0.png

On 4/5/2021 at 3:08 AM, karma miguel said:

Was pushed into letting my poisoned shadows all class misc antlers go for only 1800 usd , 1 hour after getting it.

only trade I truly regret. 

this comment in particular made me feel pain 

37 minutes ago, JacobB said:

this comment in particular made me feel pain 

Honestly I didn't even want to sell it, they just asked for my paypal and just put the money in.
my thoughts back then was that i'd get marked as a scammer i I didn't give him the hat.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:48 PM, Seeves said:

No sense in getting yourself down thinking about what trades you could have/should have made; we've all made trades that we later regret. Learn from them and move on

I disagree completely its great fun, kind of like regretting selling bitcoin when it was only $1 each and reminiscing with the community over it.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/7/2021 at 7:07 PM, Goldman Sachs said:

I disagree completely its great fun, kind of like regretting selling bitcoin when it was only $1 each and reminiscing with the community over it.

Also on this topic, I regret selling my Dogecoin when it was only 5c now, what about you guys?

Archived