2 questions

Adabat

1. Do universal spec/pro killstreak kits stack on each other? (e.g. Professional Killstreak Specialized Killstreak Kit) I assume no because a fab or kit probably treated just like a killstreak weapon, you can't stack 2 different killstreak properties on 1 weapon. Some people said they do so I'm wondering if they're saying random crap or it's real.

2. https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strangifier What in the world is this? There has been no mention on the internet of a universal strangifier that exists, and someone bought it for $200 USD in November of some year (probably this previous one?). Even if it doesn't actually work, I haven't heard a single mention of it ever.

2 hours ago, Adabat said:

1. Do universal spec/pro killstreak kits stack on each other? (e.g. Professional Killstreak Specialized Killstreak Kit) I assume no because a fab or kit probably treated just like a killstreak weapon, you can't stack 2 different killstreak properties on 1 weapon. Some people said they do so I'm wondering if they're saying random crap or it's real.

Mostly - no.

Killstreak Kits count as already having a Killstreak Kit applied to them so Universal Kits won't work on them because you'd need to remove the Killstreak Kit from the Killstreak Kit before you could apply it. Side note: There was a glitch that did actually allow you to remove the Killstreak Kit from a Killstreak Kit, but it wouldn't fully work and just deleted the sheen and killstreaker effects off Spec and Pro Kits.

You probably could apply Universal Kits to Killstreak Fabricators though, but it would just be deleted if you ever completed the Fabricator so it would be a waste.

2 hours ago, Adabat said:

2. https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strangifier What in the world is this? There has been no mention on the internet of a universal strangifier that exists, and someone bought it for $200 USD in November of some year (probably this previous one?). Even if it doesn't actually work, I haven't heard a single mention of it ever.

My guess is: Likely Strangifiers of all types were originally listed there.

Most tool items on the SCM are "commodity items" which don't have individual listings but instead just buy and sell prices, for example see the Phlogistinator Strangifier.

Compared to other items which have individual differences, like Killstreak Kits which all have different effects, for example see a Professional Killstreak Rocket Launcher Kit.

The Strangifier page is listed as a non-commodity page as if all the items were different, hence what I suggested - all Strangifiers were originally listed there but eventually separated into their own separate market pages.

Unfortunately the SCM sales graphs aren't a good indication of year. If an item hasn't sold for 5 years it is impossible to tell the difference between it and an item that hasn't sold in a year. I highly doubt the last sale is from last year but probably from a November years ago, it wouldn't surprise me if the sales in question happened in 2014 or 2015.

(I can't remember when Commodity items were added to the SCM, but I remember they didn't exist during the Steam Summer Adventure which occurred in June, 2014; but I think they were added late 2014 to early 2015)

14 hours ago, Adabat said:

https://steamcommunity.com/market/pricehistory/?country=DE&currency=3&appid=440&market_hash_name=Strangifier

to answer your question about what year

8 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

That is a very interesting link. Where did you get the info from to generate that json response from the SCM?. Is it part of the steam api? I dont see any options in SCM to generate that link by normal means and have never seen a price history SCM link. Even on an items page on SCM.

If you open Network tab in Chrome JavaScript Console and start listing some item on SCM you will see that Steam makes this exact request to show you the price graph in the "Put an item up for sale" dialog.

A while back I googled for a way to have the dates displayed for SCM sales data and found this form of link in either a steam forum thread or a reddit thread (can't remember which now) so I just change the text at the end (the specified item) to suit my needs.

Archived