Snapshots.tf - New snapshotting service

aethez

Hello! 👋

Two days ago I started working on a little project called snapshots.tf. I "finished" it yesterday and made it public.

What's this? You might ask.

Well, It's as simple as a website that creates and stores "images" of backpack.tf listings at said time. I made it too be able to track bad people that manipulate buy / sell orders. It currently saves 2 snapshots a second but I am looking to increase that amount ASAP.

I will actively maintain the website and keep it up as long as possible. Currently it costs me around 15 euro / mo to keep up. Maybe I will put up donation bots? Or maybe some premium service that allows you to check super old snapshots? Who knows what will happen. The website requires no login at all, I don't know who does what. It also has an api at https://api.snapshots.tf/.

Feel free to join the discord and leave suggestions.

I hope you will enjoy it ❤️

Website link: snapshots.tf (https://snapshots.tf)

I mean, we have Gladiator.tf already, but I guess there's no harm in having a second site for snapshots. I checked the site myself and it works pretty well. Congrats mate 👍

13 minutes ago, Strange said:

I mean, we have Gladiator.tf already, but I guess there's no harm in having a second site for snapshots. I checked the site myself and it works pretty well. Congrats mate 👍

The plan is to have one with more data. In the future I might combine data from different sources, like prices.tf and the new upcoming trader.tf.

I'm glad you like it :D

Thank you for the development!

Is it at all possible to get this in a tampermonkey form script where it will re-direct to the default page and then select a time and date for the item, similar to bot.tf and gladiator.tf snapshots?

1 hour ago, ajdislikesyournamingpolicy said:

Thank you for the development!

Is it at all possible to get this in a tampermonkey form script where it will re-direct to the default page and then select a time and date for the item, similar to bot.tf and gladiator.tf snapshots?

It's possible to make it redirect to the page where you can select snapshots (example: https://snapshots.tf/snapshots/Burning Flames Team Captain) yes.

4 hours ago, Strange said:

The issue with gladiator If i am not mistaken at least one of the bot should be buying or selling that item to get a snapshot

@aethez does your site work on every single page?

1 hour ago, D.Alex said:

And by the way it looks like there's also another snapshot service here: https://rain.tf/item/A Distinctive Lack of Hue 

okay I actually did not know Rain had this feature, thanks alex 

1 minute ago, « SɱokEy » said:

The issue with gladiator If i am not mistaken at least one of the bot should be buying or selling that item to get a snapshot

Thats correct, currently about ~33000+ different items being banked

40 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

@aethez does your site work on every single page?

It currently does not support fesitivized nor does it support skins. If this is a requested feature then sure I'll take a look.

The way it currently works is it goes through a list of items and takes snapshots. To add items to that list you have to go to https://snapshots.tf/request where you can paste the full item name and click request and it will be added to the list. Keep in mind that it can take up 1-3 hours to get the first snapshot of the item. The time is depending on the amount of items we are currently saving snapshots for.

53 minutes ago, Bomsusik said:

That website looks like a great tool for price research and comparing!

It will come in handy for a lot of suggestors.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:59 AM, « SɱokEy » said:

image.png.6ffb7ecb3463af1eb9da8b7d91a9fe77.png

I am not a bot -.- 

Looks like he changed it from "Is bot?" to "Automated?" 

I'm assuming you got marked as a bot because you are automated.

9 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Looks like he changed it from "Is bot?" to "Automated?" 

I'm assuming you got marked as a bot because you are automated.

It's because it's called "automatic" on the api. So I changed it to "Automated" to minimalize the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh nice, been looking for something like this for a bit now. I think the biggest advantage over rain is that this goes back further than one month.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Vebster said:

dead now?

Iirc the owner of the site closed it down because it was too expensive to run 

On 4/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Vebster said:

dead now?

Not entirely dead, it cost me $15 to maintain it and as a student thats alot. Plus bptf introduced some new rules when it comes to using their api to get listings so it costs me $5 extra each month. So I had to shut it down for a while, will probably rewrite it sometime and make it faster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived