Jump to content

Due to high workload on bp.tf's report moderators, some reports may be handled sloppy.


🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello! Some of you might remember, last summer i made a forum post discussing the growing concern with the absence of the Site Dev and inactivity of Admins/Moderators. A lot of efforts were made to improve that afterwards, which i was happy to see, to make a final push for that outcome with the community. Today i come with a new concern i have. It appears that report moderators have high workload, which may sometimes result in a report being handled falsely (i however do not know if this has anything to do with sin now being admin for the report side of the site and if he has any control on making sure judgement is given out correctly, but thats a different story). https://backpack.tf/issue/5fe5373b2cb30d20d423c901 - here i was reported for dishonoring a sell order, to which i was warned (and imagine the trouble if this wasn't just a warning). The report had incomplete evidence (cropped chats, lack of dates etc.). After discussion with zeus, the warning was removed (i don't think i should show the private thread zeus opened with me, so ill just leave confirmation of this to zeus, if necessary). Handling the report made on me took 2 months, while that complicates providing extra evidence, it is completely fine for report moderators to take their time, in fact if it already took this while to get to the report, why not take their time and ask for extra proof to be a 100% certain before arriving to a conclusion (i understand if the reported user is highly unresponsive, it can't be helped, however i, for example, am active on the site every single day), which seemingly is just to rid of some workload. This might be the first time this has happened to me, where it could've been avoided by looking into it deeper, but i've heard it happen with other people too, in which case providing extra proof has made the reports made on them invalid.

 

In summary: I ask report moderators to be more thorough with the reports they are handling and always be sure to first ask for context/additional proof from the party who is being reported before drawing a conclusion and I also ask for people - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TOO - (especially other moderators) to educate themselves more on reporting* and to not make petty reports and waste report mod's time (i am guilty of this too and am very happy that i learned more about reporting, to avoid that in the future, but unlike the referred report made on me, that invalid report i made in the past was declined, not accepted), it is very important to keep reports valid for report mods to be able to work as quickly and efficiently as possible. I sincerely hope that me bringing some awareness to this issue will again help push towards a change for the better!

 

*Guide on reporting can be found here:

 

Additionally the best way to reduce workload is obviously more moderators, so if any has interest, the site always welcomes new report moderators/price moderators in general, so feel free to try and apply for a position if you are qualified for it! https://forums.backpack.tf/forum/10-moderator-applications/

 

This section is not for u connor ;ppp

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 changed the title to Due to high workload on bp.tf's report moderators, some reports may be handled sloppy.

(1) Your conclusion from this doesn't make much sense. Report Mods don't have enough time to promptly handle reports but you suddenly want them to spend more time on each report? Seriously?

 

Imho if we're talking about just warnings then what happened here is just fine. In rare cases when the reported person doesn't agree they can always appeal.

 

 

(2) If you're so much for education then maybe you could tell us which exactly circumstances made this particular warning invalid.

 

Preferably on that report page so anyone doing this search https://backpack.tf/issues?text=76561198095022965 could see your side of the story too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

Report Mods don't have enough time to promptly handle reports but you suddenly want them to spend more time on each report? Seriously?

 

9 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

In rare cases when the reported person doesn't agree they can always appeal.

Technically yes, but rather, i want them to not handle a report with such haste, as that will just create them and other's involved more work and headache afterwards at the end of the day: like how they had to deal with my "appeal"

 

10 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

Imho if we're talking about just warnings then what happened here is just fine.

 

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

to which i was warned (and imagine the trouble if this wasn't just a warning).

 

10 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

If you're so much for education then maybe you could tell us which exactly circumstances made this particular warning invalid.

 

Preferably on that report page so anyone doing this search https://backpack.tf/issues?text=76561198095022965 could see your side of the story too.

 

2 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

After discussion with zeus, the warning was removed (i don't think i should show the private thread zeus opened with me, so ill just leave confirmation of this to zeus, if necessary)

The last 2 quotes make me unsure you quite read my topic at hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Spending hours of time appealing a warning isn't helping them much. In a case where it's unclear, a warning serves to let the person know that they are vulnerable to reports and why so if they are doing something wrong they can cut it out and if not then no harm done since no ban. Really not sure your issue here, this is not an incorrectly handled report.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Spending hours of time appealing a warning isn't helping them much.

Exactly, so avoiding the situation entirely by increasing accuracy will in the end save time, save trouble

 

9 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Really not sure your issue here, this is not an incorrectly handled report.

 

16 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

After discussion with zeus, the warning was removed (i don't think i should show the private thread zeus opened with me, so ill just leave confirmation of this to zeus, if necessary).

You seem to have the same issue as Alex, i could not have made this more clear so where does that leave you 2, i don't know 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

i could not have made this more clear

 

Frankly, I don't find any of your posts "clear" at all. Anyway, my best guess this time is that you did "dishonor a sell order" but then contested your warning on a technicality because the evidence was not 100% in the proper form. Is that what you were trying to say?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

Frankly, I don't find any of your posts "clear" at all.

Your problem i suppose 🤷‍♂️

 

14 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

Anyway, my best guess this time is that you did "dishonor a sell order" but then contested your warning on a technicality because the evidence was not 100% in the proper form. Is that what you were trying to say?

No... I did not, but the report moderator warned me despite evidence being far from 100% proper form, so i provided everything i could after 2 months for context and the warning was removed.

 

Edit: Did you read my post like... at all? The entire post addresses this exact concern, report moderators making decisions too hastily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Do you not understand what the word "warning" means or? It's not a point like on the forum, it's just... someone giving you a warning that you were reported for X. I don't even know what "the warning was removed" means, there is nothing to remove. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

it's just... someone giving you a warning that you were reported for X 

Thats not the context, no.

 

1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

I don't even know what "the warning was removed" means, there is nothing to remove.

Warning removed or in other words, warning "void". Lemme clear your confusion here, because it seems that you just won't understand otherwise, as you platantly keep ignoring the section of my forum post ive quoted TWICE now

19 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

After discussion with zeus, the warning was removed (i don't think i should show the private thread zeus opened with me, so ill just leave confirmation of this to zeus, if necessary).

 

q8q4Fay.png

GN7XDVD.png

Beginning of the private thread and conclusion of the private thread, finally understand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For everyone: I do not understand why you come here to argue, i made this post to address an issue, not to partake in arguments from parties who do not read my post thoroughly/do not understand the context of the matter. Just because i decided it might be best not to provide the private thread created, doesn't mean you can not understand the situation unless you can view that period, how you misunderstand the context i explained in the initial post is beyond me and quite frankly not my fault, unless i REALLY did the worst possible job at explaining this, altho i can not see that being the case,

19 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

here i was reported for dishonoring a sell order, to which i was warned (and imagine the trouble if this wasn't just a warning). The report had incomplete evidence (cropped chats, lack of dates etc.). After discussion with zeus, the warning was removed (i don't think i should show the private thread zeus opened with me, so ill just leave confirmation of this to zeus, if necessary).

as its all explained literally right here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

There is no issue, you're making one. If he banned you, fine, complain, but he didn't. Kindly stop wasting people's time. You want them to look at evidence more closely. Noted. Nothing more to discuss here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Teeny Tiny Cat locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...