Mostly new to trading, is now a good time to buy or sell keys?

Jesus Jr

Title says it all really, I understand the basics of the economy and have a decent, if small, backpack, and I'm wondering if right now I should be adding keys to my backpack or selling the one I have and spending the ref I get from that

If it helps, I'd love to end up with an unusual some day but significant profit isn't really my goal. I'm hoping to mostly just get a few good sets of cosmetics. Right now I'm trying to get a set of Balaclavas Are Forever paints for a medic loadout. Making some quick profit so I can get the keys to afford that is really all I wanna do atm

If all you're looking for are some cosmetics and maybe a few cheap unusuals to pimp out your mercs, and not so much looking to really get into trading, it might be more worth your time and effort to put in a bit of cash and just buy the stuff you want.

trade as a hobby, not for profit

the average trader these days probably makes less a day than a homeless person

like seeves said, if you really want something specific it's best to go out of your way to just buy it instead of trading up to it

Yeah I agree, I dont know if it's just my bad luck but I have made profit once from a cloud 9 kiss king last month and still cant find an unusual. Totally agree.

But yeah, if you're profiting from low tier trading you might as well just buy 20 keys. Low tier trading is more of a get what I want type of stage.

Archived