I have an Item that Has no price due to a lack of data. Is there a way I could take advantage of this?

jmetheious

I recently got a warpaint from a case. It's the Snowflake swirl warpaint. I opened the crate to sell the contents, but It apparently has no listing anywhere because there is not enough data to price it. I hate how the paint looks and don't want it, so I'm gonna get rid of it, but is there a way that I could make a profit? does not having enough data technically make it rare? If it matters, it's steam community market price is around a $1:05 on average. Any advice or help would be great.

1 - It's a mercenary grade paint from a new case - backpack.tf probably doesn't even know what the paint is at this stage because they've not been added to the site yet, it's definitely not that rare

2 - It's a war paint so it's not going to sell very well on backpack.tf, searching for weapon skins here is not something everyone works out easily and as of such visibility of your listing is kinda poor. Personally I'd just sell it on the community market

3 - Steam community market would be the best way to get a price on this now, so that $1.05 is probably what you're looking for (check the sales history chart and see what it has sold for rather than what people are listing it for). My currency is in dollarydoos instead of freedom bucks so I can't easily verify whether the $1.05 is the price to list it at

4 - Unboxing for profit is a bad move, 90% of the time you will be at a loss whether you do 1 case or 500 cases. Even then out of that 10% where you do make profit, it's probably not going to much at all.

Thanks, and btw I am aware that unboxing for profit is a bad move, I just did it because I wanted to. I got a key by accident. I just planned to sell it because I doubted I would get a skin I liked

21 minutes ago, jmetheious said:

So what if I did something like put it on a strange

That's not how warpaints work. When you use one, it creates a new weapon. So, a strange skin requires a strange war paint. This is why strange war paints are much more highly valued (for example, your skin is worth about 1/3 of a key, but if it was also strange, it'd be closer to 6 keys).

Additionally, using a war paint will dramatically decrease the value, depending on what you turn it into, so don't use it if you're intending to sell.

Like others have said, I would recommend selling it on the SCM. If you're wanting to sell it for ref, I'd check if scrap.tf would be willing to buy it. If not, I'd try to sell it for 19 ref. If you're trying to sell on a cash site, I'd do about $0.65 USD to $0.70.

Archived