Someone gave me a negative review, what should I do?

Sledgehammer Wacko

Hi, this is the first time that I ever posted here in the discussions, so forgive me for not knowing much.

Not too long ago I got a comment from someone (It's still there in my profile, if anyone want to check it out) about trading for my strange Head Mounted Observatory, and while I was doing other things, I came back an hour later I saw that I got a negative review, in which this was said.

Classic ‘check market rate of key’ scammer, tried to lead me into a fake site and deposit my keys into it. Do not trade with this dummy under any circumstance.

I never scammed the guy, nor I ever friended him nor lead him to a fake website. (I rarely trade occasionally) I have no idea if the guy is trying to blackmail me into trading my Strange Head Mounted Observatory so he may pull out his false negative rep out of my profile, or being rude in general. I already sent a report a while ago, but I wonder if there is any other alternative beside waiting for an mod to respond to my report.

Another question I got, is this ever occurs to me again, are there any tips in general or anyone in general that gets a bunch of hassle like this, I would really appreciate it.

(1) The user who left this -trust was obviously fooled by one of those "instant impersonators" that watch for profile comments, impersonate and then "add them back to discuss"

(2) While you're waiting for a Mod to remove this -trust you can also try to educate that other user, kind of like I did here on someone's profile page:

qzhz1Ib.png

28 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

(1) The user who left this -trust was obviously fooled by one of those "instant impersonators" that watch for profile comments, impersonate and then "add them back to discuss"

(2) While you're waiting for a Mod to remove this -trust you can also try to educate that other user, kind of like I did here on someone's profile page:

qzhz1Ib.png

You are a lifesaver buddy, I did not thought nor expected this type thing to occur, man I felt I should've posted this first before making a report. 

I already commented on the guy profile, but he replied back now saying this.

I refuse to remove my backpack.tf rating because it is justified. You attempted to make me deposit keys in a non-trustworthy website for no reason. You had no reason to ‘check the market value of my key’. You are nothing but a sham.

I already used what you said almost word to word, but he seem he doesn't want to believe me at all. Anything to say to help me with that?

Gonna turn in for the night, I got to work in the morning, and I will try to get back here if any tips or updates pop out.

8 minutes ago, Sledgehammer Wacko said:

You are a lifesaver buddy, I did not thought nor expected this type thing to occur, man I felt I should've posted this first before making a report. 

I already commented on the guy profile, but he replied back now saying this.

I refuse to remove my backpack.tf rating because it is justified. You attempted to make me deposit keys in a non-trustworthy website for no reason. You had no reason to ‘check the market value of my key’. You are nothing but a sham.

I already used what you said almost word to word, but he seem he doesn't want to believe me at all. Anything to say to help me with that?

You can report your trust as "Falsified", provide proof along with it

Good thing I saw this, before going bed.

I actually filed a report under falsified before you said it, I added a different kind of proof "under falsified" before Alex commented what actually happened to me, I was thinking of sending another report, but I'm going to hold off on that, before a mod or any update comes here. My apologies If I sound like I'm trying to butt heads here.

Well, in my case it was someone added by my more-or-less constant  impersonator. 

Your case was different as it was opportunity-after-profile-comment temporary  impersonator so you should've worded your message differently. 

You should've explained how scammers prey on profile comments and ask the victim to use either of these tools
https://steamcommunity.com/my/myactivity (note that scamming account username might be different by now) 
https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog (saves all chat logs for 14 days)
to find the user they were talking to and then compare that Steam profile to your Steam profile.

Hi! I looked through those logs you suggested and discovered an impersonator truly did talk to me in a scam attempt. I sincerely apologize, and all ratings and comments from me will be permanently removed.

• Sledgehammer Wacko locked this topic

Archived