Where to find trusted middlemen for cash trades in 2020?

villain

Hi everyone, title says it all.

Middlemen used to be everywhere with the steamrep category, and notable, experienced traders still around used to do those services back in the day but I cant find any.

I am in talks with a guy to do a trade but he wants a middleman despite rep, so I was wondering where do I look? Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for all the help!

There is no such thing as an official middleman so you cant look for them anywhere, Middleman are mostly people with high reputation who can be trusted by both parties entering a trade.
Be careful on who you choose as a middleman. It could also be a scam as well. 

Generally cash trades operate greatly on trust as the purchasing party is able to chargeback through various methods after the transaction via standard methods (i.e. PayPal). 

For this reason middlemen are mostly pointless and just to assure the Buyer that his items will be traded to him after the cash is sent.

Vice versa is rather pointless however,  while it does assure the cash is actually sent, It's almost pointless. Like I said before,  the buyer can simply chargeback (any trusted trader or "middleman" will tell you this before you do a cash trade). 

Essentially none of this matters if you're planning to buy items with cash and make the other person go first, it will be things they have to worry about.

Just make sure if you are selling any items to someone for Real Cash (something that is a grey area on Steam), make sure that you do your due diligence before completing the transaction.

Also know that a PayPal trader will likely want to profit off of a trade. If someone is offering you full price for your Unusual in cash and has sketchy reputation, it sounds too good to be true and it probably is. It might be safer to just pass, ask yourself if 5 keys profit is really worth a 20 key risk, most of the time no. 

5 hours ago, villain said:

Middlemen used to be everywhere with the steamrep category, and notable, experienced traders still around used to do those services back in the day but I cant find any.

I am in talks with a guy to do a trade but he wants a middleman despite rep, so I was wondering where do I look? Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for all the help!

did u find someone? depending on your time zone i could help you out.

58 minutes ago, Yurchik* said:

I can be a middleman for free if you want but I won't not middleman PayPal trades.

I don’t know if this double negative was intentional but if it wasn’t... then what will you middleman...?

2 minutes ago, Zeus_Junior said:

I don’t know if this double negative was intentional but if it wasn’t... then what will you middleman...?

Ye, my mistake, meant to say - will not middleman PP trades.

15 hours ago, villain said:

Thanks for all the help!

Cash sites? Probably your best bet

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, Zeus_Junior said:

you know exactly what he meant. don't b an ass

2 hours ago, Adolf Storms said:

you know exactly what he meant. don't b an ass

I don’t and I’m not. If he’s not middlemanning PayPal trades, which are the majority on these forums, then what will he middleman for.

14 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

I don’t and I’m not. If he’s not middlemanning PayPal trades, which are the majority on these forums, then what will he middleman for.

It's possible to middleman for crypto trades and services in which chargebacks are not a thing.

Every time I make a PayPal trade, I collect evidence just in case and pray for months that the money will stay in my wallet.

Archived