I need help

CompleteCancel

So im new to TF2 and Ive found out about trading. But theres one thing. I dont know how to start sine Im poor as hell and my parents wont buy anything in the in-game shop nor any site on google. So how can I start trading without having to buy so many things?

12 minutes ago, CompleteCancel said:

So im new to TF2 and Ive found out about trading. But theres one thing. I dont know how to start sine Im poor as hell and my parents wont buy anything in the in-game shop nor any site on google. So how can I start trading without having to buy so many things?

If you lack sufficient funds, find a way to make some money irl (offer to do yardwork for neighbors, sell some stuff you no longer need/want, etc.).  Without enough starting capital, trading is a wildly inefficient use of your time unless you're just doing it for the fun of it or to learn a little about business/economics.  It looks like you don't have premium, so you'll need to rely on handouts from people who do to get things that are actually tradeable (again, let me emphasize, wildly inefficient).

I'll echo the statements that it's not worth trying to trade when you're both ftp and have no starting capital. Besides being restricted to the point where people will not want to trade with you, profit starting from the bottom is less efficient than going out and looking for pennies on the sidewalk.

Honestly, I'd suggest just saving up for a small Steam Card (I think $20 is the smallest). Use that to buy 1 key to upgrade to premium, then sell that key for metal once it's tradeable. With that metal, use it to flesh out your weapon collection and get a decent cosmetic loadout for everyone. As for the remaining funds, rather than investing, use them towards other games that may look fun and build up your Steam library.

Archived