I bought an account from a good friend of mine and I'm banned on backpack.tf

Camil

soo i have ban on this acc,idk what's wrong.On this acc i have "name' "scammer",i don't scam anyone and in my profile everything is ok:steam status,trade status all.

My question is why i have ban on this acc and i wanna fix that.

Buying accounts is against Steam's TOS, you knew the risks associated with it. If you bought a Steam account, you could've at least checked that it didn't come from a SteamRep marked scammer. SteamRep / Backpack.tf will not unban you because you purchased an account.

3 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Buying accounts is against Steam's TOS, you knew the risks associated with it. If you bought a Steam account, you could've at least checked that it didn't come from a SteamRep marked scammer. SteamRep / Backpack.tf will not unban you because you purchased an account.

This is correct

1 minute ago, Strange said:

What's it with people buying accounts suddenly? Is it so hard to just buy a Steam Wallet Code and spend $5 on a new account? Seems a lot safer imo

probably to buy old accounts and look og super legit traders

Just now, Roi said:

probably to buy old accounts and look og super legit traders

Trying to look legit by buying an account that's trade banned? lmao

17 minutes ago, Strange said:

What's it with people buying accounts suddenly? Is it so hard to just buy a Steam Wallet Code and spend $5 on a new account? Seems a lot safer imo

By looking at OP's Steam profile, it's clear that he bought the account for the comp medals, since there's no other way to get them aside from actually playing competitive

11 minutes ago, Strange said:

Lots of people would rather spend money on an account that has value (i.e. items, games, achievements, levels, etc.) over creating a new account and spend $5 on it, then try to put in the effort into making that account look good. They really, really, really don't care about the risks Steam put on buying accounts. 

1 hour ago, Camil said:

soo i have ban on this acc,idk what's wrong.On this acc i have "name' "scammer",i don't scam anyone and in my profile everything is ok:steam status,trade status all.

My question is why i have ban on this acc and i wanna fix that.

Cant really be unbanned, and the chance of getting appealed is impossible mainly due to the fact that you bought your friend's account (a mistake you should probably regret for the rest of your life if you want to use steam) which is against Steam's ToS.

53 minutes ago, Strange said:

I could understand if the account had some older, rare items locked to it. Or maybe if the account had a ton of games on it.

If I ever bought one, I would never post anything about it online. I toyed with the idea of how would it work and how much would it cost for one of the 100 accounts with the old golden wrench.

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic

Archived