War Paint Price Check

ImABaldEagle

Just struck gold the other day and unboxed this. I've been having a real hard time finding any pricing info on not only similar items, but also war paints in general. There doesn't seem to be any listings on SCM for this, or any other war paint that's MW, Commando, Strange, & Unusual. The most relevant information I could find was the listings on marketplace, where I see other Commando grade, Minimal Wear, Strange, Unusual war paints are listed for $300-$350, despite other listings for Mercenary grade paints being even higher, closer to the $450-$500 range. Is there any kind of repository for sale prices of similar items?  

image.png

Epic, it's that one guy who blocked me after I told him Guns was going to lowball offer him

Probably 300 - 350$, the FT one sold for 249.99$ on marketplace

My 200$ offer still stands.

LOL sorry. I block everyone who adds me making requests like that as I assume they're trying to scam me. I'd definitely like to get more than $200 for it though. I'll unblock you in the meantime 😬

Just now, ImABaldEagle said:

LOL sorry. I block everyone who adds me making requests like that as I assume they're trying to scam me. I'd definitely like to get more than $200 for it though. I'll unblock you in the meantime 😬

No offense taken, completely understandable. Next time just run their profile through rep.tf or backpack.tf to check their rep, inv size and if they have a bright purple badge or name that suggests they have backpack.tf premium when they add you :D

2 minutes ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

No offense taken, completely understandable. Next time just run their profile through rep.tf or backpack.tf to check their rep, inv size and if they have a bright purple badge or name that suggests they have backpack.tf premium when they add you :D

Noted. I'll keep an eye out for that next time. Additionally, where did you see the sale of the FT one? Is there a way I could search for that?

2 hours ago, AJ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/17269;11;u703;w3;pk269

Search for Cool Strange Spider, and toggle the "In Stock" button on Marketplace

This is probably Apex's sale since he bought a lot of strange unusual war paints

Took me a bit too long to realize this but, the listing you linked is Spider Season, which is mercenary grade. The war paint I have is Spider's Cluster, which is a Commando paint. I think I could expect a bit more than what you previously mentioned. 

FYI nearly all Strange Unusual Skins move at quicksale ~50-75 keys and then up the market to about ~110 - ~125 for nearly anything. But MW Commando could go for up to 200 keys. I'd advertise at 200.

Just now, joekiller said:

FYI nearly all Strange Unusual Skins move at quicksale ~50-75 keys and then up the market to about ~110 - ~125 for nearly anything. But MW Commando could go for up to 200 keys. I'd advertise at 200.

That's good info, thanks!

My guess would be roundabout 150 keys. STR Unu paints have a floor of around $200-220 IIRC, and any "good" paints can sell between that and $300 pretty easily. You mentioned grades in another reply, while generally the higher the grade the higher the value, this doesn't really apply to Commando grade items. It's Assassin/Elite that end up making a difference.

5 hours ago, Strange said:

Just check sales on SCM and divide them by the median key price of the day and time it sold

SCM sales are always overpriced at first so it's not really good method

1 hour ago, Vebster said:

SCM sales are always overpriced at first so it's not really good method

In that case you wait for it to balance out, usually it's not a good idea to price items when they first come out anyway, it's better to wait a month or two after the event

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

In that case you wait for it to balance out, usually it's not a good idea to price items when they first come out anyway, it's better to wait a month or two after the event

The issue is that I have a feeling there won't be much of a price history for this. It's too rare, and the people who do unbox it or similar items won't want to sell it on SCM. 

On 11/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, ImABaldEagle said:

The issue is that I have a feeling there won't be much of a price history for this. It's too rare, and the people who do unbox it or similar items won't want to sell it on SCM. 

In this situation it's a case of seeing what you can get for it, list high then gradually lower it then see what happens I guess and maybe consider negotiation if any

Archived