Why are the bird heads halloween restricted?

Salted Cashews

I mean, it's not like they're spooky or creepy or anything like the other scream fortress hats, they just seem like normal cosmetics.

For the past 2 years its a big mess with what is halloween restricted and what isn't. Bird heads are quite old and at the time they were really outstanding from the non-halloween ones but now its like whatever

^ , old halloween cosmetics are restricted and the new one are free from restriction probably because it would not be profitable anymore .

Devs simply abandoned the idea of the whole restriction and they cannot change it (they can but it would be one big mess cause there are tons of old hats from halloween) thats why they left it unchanged 

They still release halloween restricted cosmetics, which you get as bonus drops from halloween cases, and many of these new restricted cosmetics are again animal related ones.

The mercs are supposed to be identifiable from profile only from pretty far away, when playing TF2 seriously.

The bird heads are all giant blobs from far away, but then again almost no one plays TF2 seriously now.

All (read 'most') complete head replacers are Halloween restricted, as they could cause newer players to be confused about what merc they're shooting at.

8 hours ago, Salted Cashews said:

I mean, it's not like they're spooky or creepy or anything like the other scream fortress hats, they just seem like normal cosmetics.

the character's silhouettes get warped too much from them,

also because they absolutely don't fit the artstyle (this still ((kinda)) mattered when they were added before devs completely gave up on it)

you can't imagine just how much miscs that came since gun mettle have a similar problem (and really should be restricted)

if only you knew how the sole fact of 'binoculus' or 'eye-see-you' existing grinds my gears

Archived