I think i found a new scam site

facies troglodytam

so about 20 mins ago some guy added me and we were just discussing an unusual i was selling. so anyway he asked me to check the price on marketplace tf, then after i told him the price he then asked me to check the price on some website i've never heard of it was called tf2marketplace com (don't go there i could be a IP grabber). so when i went to the site it looked the exact same as mannco store like the same but there was no mannco store logo. so after 10 mins of telling him i wouldn't go there he removed me and that was that. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pzv8RkmpQTG1Esed8 here's a link to the 2 sites side by side.

basic phish scam / normal try at scamming your items. nothing to worry about just dont post links of the actual website down in here thank you very much! 

Speaking of scam sites, when I search for "marketplace tf2" the first link there for me is a site called marketplace.cc with the exact same front page and UI as the marketplace.tf's one. Not sure how long that has been there tho.

1 hour ago, Interesting Ice-cream said:

Speaking of scam sites, when I search for "marketplace tf2" the first link there for me is a site called *scam link.tf* with the exact same front page and UI as the marketplace.tf's one. Not sure how long that has been there tho.

1 hour ago, Captainfluffy said:

basic phish scam / normal try at scamming your items. nothing to worry about just dont post links of the actual website down in here thank you very much! 

read, then think and then you post.

you just forgot the first 2 steps. big yikes Its just You post...

7 hours ago, Interesting Ice-cream said:

Speaking of scam sites, when I search for "marketplace tf2" the first link there for me is a site called marketplace.cc with the exact same front page and UI as the marketplace.tf's one. Not sure how long that has been there tho.

i remember seeing they had their own youtube ad, think a promo vid, the on screen banner at least. marketplace likeness, wasnt marketplace. google obviously promotes it too

On 10/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Interesting Ice-cream said:

its been there for a while, and was how bearded got scammed

• 5 months later...

I'm not surprised at all. It's a common thing to find new scams every day honestly! The worst ones are the phone scams where you get threatened by Indian call operators disguised as Microsoft customer support. They make millions of dollars out of clueless people who don't know what's going on and they are afraid. One of the basic ways they used to get your phone is through fake websites, so next time you see a site that looks suspicious just check if it's a scam. You can read more here and find out how to use this free site that does the rest for you. 

Archived