The Pyromancer's Raiments have quadrupled in price!

CaptainKodachrome

The Pyromancer's Raiments used to be the cheaper of the three items in the Smissmas 2013 Pyromancer set, but suddenly the price has almost quadrupled since the beginning of Scream Fortress. Would this have to do with the Seared Sorcerer getting into the game, because that is quite the hefty price raise from about roughly a key to 5.5-6 full keys. The item is based on the Black Mages of Final Fantasy, so it would make sense that anything referring to magic would work well with it, especially a set of robes. Even so, is that significant of a price change justified, or is it just bots artificially increasing the price and people just rolling with it?

pyromancerprice.PNG

pyromancerprice2.PNG

Just now, Zeus_Junior said:

I doubt many have sold at that price

I've seen that the Community Market is taking the bait, though, they aren't always money-smart anyway.

pyromancerprice3.PNG

This is blatant price manipulation for sure, but there's not much we can do about it right? The bots just follow the trends 

3 minutes ago, The Duke of Sp00k said:

This is blatant price manipulation for sure, but there's not much we can do about it right? The bots just follow the trends 

You can try lowering the price through buy orders. Once real people take note that their inflated price isn't working, they will most likely drop it back to normal, as will the bots since they read real people's prices and then lower accordingly.

Oh, absolutely. I understand that it looks great, but inflating the price THAT much is pretty blatant price gouging.

Archived