Can you play TF2 on Nintendo Switch?

JayTuut

Using streaming services or etc?

This video seems to show hope, a program that allows u to stream ur pc to ur switch. Is there any way of doing something like this?

4 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Using streaming services or etc?

This video seems to show hope, a program that allows u to stream ur pc to ur switch. Is there any way of doing something like this?

off the top of my head, it is possible

you will need to have jailbroken your switch, if you have not already, there are websites that you enter your switch serial code into to determine whether it can be jailbroken (using the date it was manufactured), i'm not linking said websites

then you can install android on it, and thus, install Moonlight (it might be called something different, my bad if it is) for streaming games to a device via the internet

boom, tf2 on switch

4 hours ago, Snailiad said:

off the top of my head, it is possible

you will need to have jailbroken your switch, if you have not already, there are websites that you enter your switch serial code into to determine whether it can be jailbroken (using the date it was manufactured), i'm not linking said websites

then you can install android on it, and thus, install Moonlight (it might be called something different, my bad if it is) for streaming games to a device via the internet

boom, tf2 on switch

Think you can use a similar method for installing linux, have seen it done somewhere, cant remember

1 hour ago, Brown said:

Think you can use a similar method for installing linux, have seen it done somewhere, cant remember

I think this might not work, just because the switch is probably using some kind of processor that's not compatible with tf2. It might work for all I know, but it sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't work to me

10 hours ago, JayTuut said:

stream ur pc to ur switch. Is there any way of doing something like this?

Without an old switch you can short the pins on the joycon rails to mod? Yes but its an odd solution. 

First you need to do the dns exploit (Here: https://www.imore.com/how-use-hidden-web-browser-nintendo-switch) to get onto a browser with ur switch. Once ur on the browser ur set. From there setup an instance of any html supported vnc server on ur desktop you wish to control and follow this guide https://www.realvnc.com/en/news/control-computer-within-your-web-browser/ to pilot ur desktop from the browser on the switch. As for controls, latency, & support I have zero idea how it'll go but hey you dont know until ya try.

The browsers compatibility it looks pretty close to older versions of opera so use that as a baseline for what works and what doesnt. 

If you do decide to mod ur switch and go to install a custom os id suggest ubuntu as that'll have everything you need to play tf2 configured and ready for the most part. (Keep in mind android is a good solution with steamlink if ubuntu doesnt run well)

15 minutes ago, loli (hiding) said:

wait this is actually a thing? why would you even to, im curious

For the steamlink/vnc (remote play) solution: Tf2 while on the shitter lol. Fr tho no idea but it is pretty sweet that it can be done with some effort.

For running it on the switch itself/ubuntu: Push the limits of the console and make gabe himself ask wtf is wrong with you. 

18 hours ago, Beaser said:

Sell your switch for a decent computer then boom you can play td2 without using a mario consol :cheem:

Maybe u should look at my twitch, or my inventory? Bruh. Ofc I have a gaming pc tf. I just want to fit tf2 in my pocket for car trips or at uni. Apparently u can do that rainway one from 120+km away so ye. I'll have to see what works

23 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Maybe u should look at my twitch, or my inventory? Bruh. Ofc I have a gaming pc tf. I just want to fit tf2 in my pocket for car trips or at uni. Apparently u can do that rainway one from 120+km away so ye. I'll have to see what works

you won't be able to use it for car trips, it's not like installing an app on a vanilla switch

if you're streaming tf2 to the device from ~120km the stream quality will be garbage

it's also very likely you will have a patched switch that cannot be jailbroken, mine was patched and i bought it about 8 months after launch

you should probably look elsewhere for handheld TF2 like a GPD Win Max

GTA 5 runs as slick as a whistle on the GPD Win Max as Indiegogo total for  the new handheld game console tops US$2 million - NotebookCheck.net News

this is about 2x the price of a switch and can handle many current-gen games

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, Beaser said:

Sell your switch for a decent computer then boom you can play td2 without using a mario consol :cheem:

very epic cheap tf2 aliexpress pc build *new*

Archived