I need your advice guys

Bakrmh18

Hey guys,

My story started when a Steam user asked me to place items on the Marketplace website to check the price of items, but unfortunately it was a trap for me and items were stolen by the bot.  From shock, I did not know what I had to do. From my grief, I decided to leave a game and actually left it for a whole year, and after that I decided to return and try to retrieve items.  By the way, my items are worth 350 dollars.And a scammer was impersonating a famous YouTuber playing tf2 and when I sent a friend request to YouTuber, I got approval from a swindler and not from YouTuber, knowing that I sent a friend request to YouTuber and because of this I never doubted it because I thought it was real.  I want you to know that I started from zero to 350 dollars. The amount of 350 dollars could be for some, but for me a lot because of the effort that I put into.  So I want advice from someone who reads my letter to help me and thank you :) 

Sadly, Steam doesn't give back stolen items anymore, so you will have to start from the ground up. Learn to check someone's background using Steamrep or rep.tf (I recommend rep.tf as it shows what communities a person is banned in). Take this as a lesson and learn to avoid it next time.

Also, as Diamond Jozu said, check your API if it has been or still connected (read the blog post) to see if the person still has access to your account, just in case.

I changed my password and i rekord the api key, there are something else to do guys? , you are helping me alot i appreciate it. You are so kind guys :D

If you have any other accounts that use the username/email and password combo as your steam acount, you'll need to change those too, as those would also be considered compromised from the phish.

Guys To make everything clear, I registered in Marketplace and deposited my items, but it was for a bot and not for my account in Market Place. Is my account considered hacked?  Knowing I did not open any link from a scammer. 

Most marketplace.tf phishing scams will have the phishing site redirect you to the regular marketplace.tf as if nothing went wrong.

If everything was legit, you would've still had your items sitting in a marketplace bot.

When you use Marketplace.tf, always make sure you always deposit to the correct account (on the deposit page, it shows the name and join date of the official mp bot), if they don’t match then close the trade offer page and refresh

I checked the same bot, Even so, my stuff was stolen, the funny thing he sent his friend and he told me that he is admin in Marketplace What made me believe him was that his friend added to me without sending him a friend request and he tells me you must pay 300 keys to take your items back. Look how much they are thieves and no one talks about them.  Steam will not compensate anyone. I am one of the players affected by these scammers. As I said when collecting these items from zero to 350 dollars, I used to have some nights I did not sleep, I did not make deals in order to win, and at the end a scammer came and took everything, is not this a very difficult feeling ;(

Guys and who want ask about 300 keys that scammers wanted from me to get my items back i didn't give them 300 keys sure i knew it, it was scam. But unfortunately it was to late :(

Have you revoked your api key yet?

Edit: ok you already did, be sure to check if your items are deposited into  the bot and check if the trade offer is to the same bot before accepting the trade.

When using marketplace I recommend you friend a bot instead of using the deposit button, this way all your confirmation checks will say "friends with this user since ..." You can friend a bot from this page https://marketplace.tf/bots

That still doesn't stop the api scam from switching your trades so it's useless if you don't actually check for that "friends since" text on the mobile confirmation.

The blog post also fails to link to the helpful steam tools - https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/SteamLoginHistory and https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage

The first one you can track to see if anymore unknown accounts are accessing your account and the second will let you force all other sessions to be logged out. That will log you out of the steam app as well but you can still receive steam guard codes from it. You will have to log back into it to receive confirmations.

Archived