why was this accepted

Payback

Cause the prices are made up and the rules only matter if the pricing mods apply them 

Mod application of the pricing rules seems to be tied quite closely to direct comments calling out rules in suggestions... which is not what you'd expect

this is funny coming from a price manipulator like you.. This is a small study proving the current trend in backpack.tf. Drawing a parallel with the real world, it is worth noting how easily "rich and famous" politicians can get rid of competitors without consequences through the action of their authority, often bought. Due to their "authority" and "success", Payback and his friends are trying to get rid of me furiously, pointing out the rules and their violation, while they themselves do not comply with the requirements of the Trade Marketplace "Backpack.tf". It can be easily proofed just by checking their and other "famous" personalities listings. Because of its toxicity and contempt for the "lower strata of society." Therefore, I believe that Payback, and his gang, should be punished by law, in connection with their actions that do not comply with the rules of the "Backpack.tf" marketplace, because there is no place for monopolists.

2 hours ago, ;human said:

this is funny coming from a price manipulator like you.. This is a small study proving the current trend in backpack.tf. Drawing a parallel with the real world, it is worth noting how easily "rich and famous" politicians can get rid of competitors without consequences through the action of their authority, often bought. Due to their "authority" and "success", Payback and his friends are trying to get rid of me furiously, pointing out the rules and their violation, while they themselves do not comply with the requirements of the Trade Marketplace "Backpack.tf". It can be easily proofed just by checking their and other "famous" personalities listings. Because of its toxicity and contempt for the "lower strata of society." Therefore, I believe that Payback, and his gang, should be punished by law, in connection with their actions that do not comply with the rules of the "Backpack.tf" marketplace, because there is no place for monopolists.

Sry, Im continuously confused about where the fact of Payback being a famous persona and his followers cancelling people is coming from

• Administrators

Let me start off by saying that normally, these suggestions are left open for a while and I dont think it was a good idea to accept it so soon. 

I'm personally not a fan of these as based on these figures, it is very likely that 650$ is on the high side. The rationale to accept here is based on the fact that while reselling for less, both purchase and resale are (significantly) higher than current, implying a raise is definitely warranted. The argument for leaving out sales where the same person paid (much) more than they resold for primarily holds when the high buy is a high outlier and the low resale is a low outlier, which is not the case here. It's comparable to situations where this kind of sale can be included when someone bought and then resold for less, where both the purchase and the resale are below the other data points, in which case excluding both beats the purpose of the 'rule'.

Since in this particular case, current buyers (primarily mp ones) definitely support a raise, I am not necessarily opposed to the decision made, even though I would have left it open longer myself. I will discuss with the other price moderators to see what they think, but the way I see it, this was not necessarily handled incorrectly.

As an aside, I would like to ask you to just DM us on Discord/Steam when you feel something is off rather than soapboxing on the forums. We do not need all the drama that comes along with it in the replies as it does not serve any purpose, and we can explain our stance or fix potential mistakes all the same without all the unnecessary extra comments.

• ѕιи locked this topic

Archived