Can this be reported?

Mia°

I had like 5 of the same hats I listed for sale, and someone sent me an offer, canceled it afterwards and then sent it again but replaced the hat to the one with an expensive spell on it. Basically scamming me out of it. When I realized what happened I asked him to trade me back but he blocked me. Can this be reported and if so where?

Yes, you can do so by clicking the red flag below their profile name
image.png.ee918262d041ae7ac46d4634d04e3474.png

If there was no prior agreement (negotiation / basically talking about the trade you would be making), it is unlikely they'll actually be banned for this. Though you may be told that a negative rating is allowed in the report.

A guide on reporting can be found here: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/53663-guide-for-reporting-on-the-main-site/

5 minutes ago, Toad said:

Yikes. Intent clearly is to scam.

2 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

If there was no prior agreement (negotiation / basically talking about the trade you would be making)

Unlikely, not impossible

You can scam people without talking to them - even if there's no prior agreement, it's clear it was bait and switch. If you pull this shit in any other game it's considered a scam. 

3 minutes ago, Toad said:

You can scam people without talking to them - even if there's no prior agreement, it's clear it was bait and switch. If you pull this shit in any other game it's considered a scam. 

Theres no report or evidence yet. Do you expect me to tell you if they are or aren't going to be banned without these things or...

Because I can't tell you that.

6 hours ago, Mia° said:

I had like 5 of the same hats I listed for sale, and someone sent me an offer, canceled it afterwards and then sent it again but replaced the hat to the one with an expensive spell on it. Basically scamming me out of it. When I realized what happened I asked him to trade me back but he blocked me. Can this be reported and if so where?

Yeah of course it can be reported if you have evidence, that's technically a quick-switch scam because they went an offer for your spelled one hoping that you wouldn't check, but as others said there was no agreement though you can still leave a negative rating on the user's profile so other traders can be aware of this before attempting to trade

• Mia° locked this topic

Archived