won in spy crab for 1 key dude left

pooopooo

spy crabbed with this dude and at the start he was winning 0-1 and then i jokingly said i would back out then proceeds to manhunt me even after going through with the spy crab and winning 2-3 traded him and he was saying how he would leave negative rep and take my steam id and bash it dude cancelled the trade and left the server. this is him

Capture.PNG

• pooopooo locked and unlocked this topic
15 minutes ago, maxy said:

spy crabbed with this dude and at the start he was winning 0-1 and then i jokingly said i would back out then proceeds to manhunt me even after going through with the spy crab and winning 2-3 traded him and he was saying how he would leave negative rep and take my steam id and bash it dude cancelled the trade and left the server. this is him

Capture.PNG

hello! at first you should -rep him before sending report, so other people wouldn't crab with him. if you have some proof, you should report him at backpack.tf and he will get banned. thanks!

1 hour ago, Vebster said:

hello! at first you should -rep him before sending report, so other people wouldn't crab with him. if you have some proof, you should report him at backpack.tf and he will get banned. thanks!

i took the pictures of the chat on my phone but it says the file is too big 

2 hours ago, maxy said:

i jokingly said i would back out

I don't think there's any way to joke about this in that situation unless you are close friends with that person.

I don't think you can get banned for it provided you were the one who won (your post is not clear about that and Milk comments you lost) and in fact he would be the one susceptible to getting a ban somewhere, but in the future I would advise not joking about that.

50 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

I don't think there's any way to joke about this in that situation unless you are close friends with that person.

I don't think you can get banned for it provided you were the one who won (your post is not clear about that and Milk comments you lost) and in fact he would be the one susceptible to getting a ban somewhere, but in the future I would advise not joking about that.

it was my first time spy crabbing so i didnt know the community well but i learn from my mistakes 

6 minutes ago, maxy said:

it was my first time spy crabbing so i didnt know the community well but i learn from my mistakes 

I would never suggest spy crabbing to anyone. It's gambling, and has no place in the community outside of community giveaway events as it's a fun group activity. 

If you are going to do it, use a reputable middleman. Otherwise, you're equally responsible for getting scammed. 

1 hour ago, creepio said:

I would never suggest spy crabbing to anyone. It's gambling, and has no place in the community outside of community giveaway events as it's a fun group activity. 

If you are going to do it, use a reputable middleman. Otherwise, you're equally responsible for getting scammed. 

Don’t gamble. Using a middle man, although ideal, isn’t usually necessary. People almost never run.

1 hour ago, Urist said:

Using a middle man, although ideal, isn’t usually necessary. People almost never run.

Tell that to OP. You're not going to convince me.

50/50 odds. This means an even number of gambles should result in you breaking even as long as your bet values are consistent. 

If even 1 out of 100 people run, then odds are you're going to be a loser. 

If you read what the OP has written he says the other player WON the spycrap 2-3 but because the winner said he would leave -REP the op cancelled the trade. If anything the OP needs reporting for backing out.

OP:

9 hours ago, Urist said:

Don’t gamble. Using a middle man, although ideal, isn’t usually necessary. People almost never run.

Wrong. Id estimate from my own experience 3/10 people end up running, are you saying its worth risking that?

13 hours ago, DanielDee said:

If you read what the OP has written he says the other player WON the spycrap 2-3 but because the winner said he would leave -REP the op cancelled the trade. If anything the OP needs reporting for backing out.

OP:

dude cancelled the trade and left the server.

you're right that it looks like the OP lost but from what he stated it appears that he sent the trade but the winner cancelled it and decided to leave the negative rep instead since they weren't happy with the earlier "joke"

20 hours ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

Report on their BP profile. Also, gambling sucks, don't do it or you lose big money;

We do not handle spycrab reports for multiple reasons, this should be reported to the server/community it happened on instead. 

Negative ratings for spycrab running are allowed, as long as they have evidence.

See "Trust" section in the guide for reporting:

On 8/3/2020 at 7:08 AM, Program said:

Wrong. Id estimate from my own experience 3/10 people end up running, are you saying its worth risking that?

What kind of sketchy servers are you crabbing on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • pooopooo locked this topic

Archived