Jump to content
Domovishche

Fallback aviable. Last good inventory was updated... 18 days ago

Recommended Posts

Domovishche

Refresh button now is absolute useless. It just wont update every times i click. I thought it was because of sale, but its gone and I dont understand whats going on. I cant send buy offers.
97149737_20-07-2020164114.png.b7b6113eadea048411ffd6cde6ba3a4b.png

1161334130_20-07-2020164128.png.db7b5c7dd0e6e4122ade3ad74fffb016.png

This is weird. Its not clear how long i will have to wait. And I see its not only my problem.

P.S. Sorry for possible bad English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncertain / Abstract

Yeah, you're not the only one having issues at the moment. Here's something that might help in the meantime: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadyfan

Didn't this issue appear since fisk made it possible to list items from fallback inventories (around 10 days ago)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FP jh34ghu43gu
4 hours ago, shadyfan said:

Didn't this issue appear since fisk made it possible to list items from fallback inventories (around 10 days ago)?

 

That was a fix for this problem as people were unable to update their backpack for ~4 days. This problem is 99% steam's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanielDee
9 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

 

That was a fix for this problem as people were unable to update their backpack for ~4 days. This problem is 99% steam's fault.

Its not entirely steams fault per say. Its there parsing code for viewing items in inventories. Here is something i have posted numerous times. As i state. It fixes the issue 99% of the time.
**COPY**
There has been an issue with steam inventory for quite some time. I have mentioned it before. Whenever i have an issue with bacpack not being able to parse my inventory contents i goto the steam client and then try and view steam inventory and then tf2 inventory within the steam client. If it comes up with the message. Failed to load inventory, please try again later then i am pretty certain that there is a random empty slot somewhere in your tf2 inventory. Be it at the beginning or in the middle. To remedy the loading failed in steam inventory and the bp error i start TF2. Then sort the backpack into date order, which essentially removes any spaces(slack) in the inventory. I then close tf2. Wait 2 minutes and then refresh backpack.tf. 99% of the time this ALWAYS fixes the issue.



This mainly started happening when they increased BP size limits so i suspect they didnt update the parsing code to reflect this and therefore once an empty inventory slot is found it just borks and fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Replicant
On 7/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, DanielDee said:

Its not entirely steams fault per say. Its there parsing code for viewing items in inventories. Here is something i have posted numerous times. As i state. It fixes the issue 99% of the time.
**COPY**
There has been an issue with steam inventory for quite some time. I have mentioned it before. Whenever i have an issue with bacpack not being able to parse my inventory contents i goto the steam client and then try and view steam inventory and then tf2 inventory within the steam client. If it comes up with the message. Failed to load inventory, please try again later then i am pretty certain that there is a random empty slot somewhere in your tf2 inventory. Be it at the beginning or in the middle. To remedy the loading failed in steam inventory and the bp error i start TF2. Then sort the backpack into date order, which essentially removes any spaces(slack) in the inventory. I then close tf2. Wait 2 minutes and then refresh backpack.tf. 99% of the time this ALWAYS fixes the issue.



This mainly started happening when they increased BP size limits so i suspect they didnt update the parsing code to reflect this and therefore once an empty inventory slot is found it just borks and fails.

That doesn't work for me, and I more or less obsessively keep my TF2 backpack sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...