Fallback aviable. Last good inventory was updated... 18 days ago

Domovishche

Refresh button now is absolute useless. It just wont update every times i click. I thought it was because of sale, but its gone and I dont understand whats going on. I cant send buy offers.
97149737_20-07-2020164114.png.b7b6113eadea048411ffd6cde6ba3a4b.png

1161334130_20-07-2020164128.png.db7b5c7dd0e6e4122ade3ad74fffb016.png

This is weird. Its not clear how long i will have to wait. And I see its not only my problem.

P.S. Sorry for possible bad English.

Yeah, you're not the only one having issues at the moment. Here's something that might help in the meantime: 

Didn't this issue appear since fisk made it possible to list items from fallback inventories (around 10 days ago)?

4 hours ago, shadyfan said:

Didn't this issue appear since fisk made it possible to list items from fallback inventories (around 10 days ago)?

That was a fix for this problem as people were unable to update their backpack for ~4 days. This problem is 99% steam's fault.

9 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

That was a fix for this problem as people were unable to update their backpack for ~4 days. This problem is 99% steam's fault.

Its not entirely steams fault per say. Its there parsing code for viewing items in inventories. Here is something i have posted numerous times. As i state. It fixes the issue 99% of the time.
**COPY**
There has been an issue with steam inventory for quite some time. I have mentioned it before. Whenever i have an issue with bacpack not being able to parse my inventory contents i goto the steam client and then try and view steam inventory and then tf2 inventory within the steam client. If it comes up with the message. Failed to load inventory, please try again later then i am pretty certain that there is a random empty slot somewhere in your tf2 inventory. Be it at the beginning or in the middle. To remedy the loading failed in steam inventory and the bp error i start TF2. Then sort the backpack into date order, which essentially removes any spaces(slack) in the inventory. I then close tf2. Wait 2 minutes and then refresh backpack.tf. 99% of the time this ALWAYS fixes the issue.

This mainly started happening when they increased BP size limits so i suspect they didnt update the parsing code to reflect this and therefore once an empty inventory slot is found it just borks and fails.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, DanielDee said:

Its not entirely steams fault per say. Its there parsing code for viewing items in inventories. Here is something i have posted numerous times. As i state. It fixes the issue 99% of the time.
**COPY**
There has been an issue with steam inventory for quite some time. I have mentioned it before. Whenever i have an issue with bacpack not being able to parse my inventory contents i goto the steam client and then try and view steam inventory and then tf2 inventory within the steam client. If it comes up with the message. Failed to load inventory, please try again later then i am pretty certain that there is a random empty slot somewhere in your tf2 inventory. Be it at the beginning or in the middle. To remedy the loading failed in steam inventory and the bp error i start TF2. Then sort the backpack into date order, which essentially removes any spaces(slack) in the inventory. I then close tf2. Wait 2 minutes and then refresh backpack.tf. 99% of the time this ALWAYS fixes the issue.

This mainly started happening when they increased BP size limits so i suspect they didnt update the parsing code to reflect this and therefore once an empty inventory slot is found it just borks and fails.

That doesn't work for me, and I more or less obsessively keep my TF2 backpack sorted.

Archived