Paying extra for painted items?

Captain Keyes

I see people wanting to sell painted items and idk if fake n' ghey or a legit.

In seriousness though I am just wanting to know not only if its a real pricing thing, but how i would figure out the if the price is rice.

Paint can add to an item's value, but how much is basically dependent on how much the item's base value is, what paint it is, and if the buyer puts any value towards it.

For instance, you'd be hard pressed to get anything extra for a Shako painted brown, but one painted lime or white will sell for a few refined to half a key more.

As long as is a good looking hat with popular paints, people will buy it. Of course, you have to keep in mind the paint region of the hat in question.

I was offered a Team Spirit Co-Pilot a few years back for 50% paint +hat price. I declined for obvious reasons.

Black, white, pink and green(lime) are the most liked and add value. There are lots of buy orders for those. Team Spirit and gold can also add a bit

People totally pay more for painted hats. Depends on the hat and paint of course, but paint can often add a few ref or even more. Just the other day I bought a Team Spirit Blighted Beak for around 10 ref extra.

20 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Paint can add to an item's value, but how much is basically dependent on how much the item's base value is, what paint it is, and if the buyer puts any value towards it.

For instance, you'd be hard pressed to get anything extra for a Shako painted brown, but one painted lime or white will sell for a few refined to half a key more.

So how would i determine a price? I got a trade offer for 5 painted hats for a taunt (solder's requiem). I felt like it might be a bad offer but I honestly wouldn't know.

5 hours ago, Captain Keyes said:

So how would i determine a price?

If you don't know or aren't sure, assume the paint adds no value (The same can also be said about strange parts). Otherwise, it really comes down to personal experience and what you feel can be flipped, as again, how much value paint adds is completely subjective.

Archived