aim new to tf2 tradeing how do i make profit

gameingwhitrad

Hello, aim new to tf2 tradeing i dont know how to make profit i dont have much ref only 47 and i dont know how to make more 

Buy my stuff (page 9)

Anyways, tips for new traders:

1. Skip Scrap banking, trust me selling a weapon for a scrap each is stupid since scrap.tf exists. But looking from your backpack, you are far from that stage.

2. Buy CHEAP painted hats and stranges w/ parts. I find ppl selling painted hats for cheap or people selling stranges and not pay for parts and basically gain profit that way.

3. Don't fall for stupid tactics. If someone wants you to pay more for a custom name, tell them to go die. Cus why would you do that?

4. Don't fall for scams. Once you have an unusual (ANY UNUSUAL), scammers will contact you. I was added by 6 scammers in a span of three days lmao.

5. Join our discord and ask questions on the forums. EVERYONE NEEDS INTERNET POINTS! SO WHY NOT ASK QUESTIONS AND GET INTERNET POINTS AT THE SAME TIME?????

bye

Rule number 1 for profit buy cheaper than you sell and inform yourself of all the scam methods going on.

Good luck man hope you enjoy it

scraptf auctions are the best place to buy and sell items. 

I would also recommend going to trade servers, there are people that just want to get rid of items as long as you offer more than bots.

Options are flipping painted cosmetics(stick with black, white, and pink) sometimes you can find bots selling craft hats with a paint for regular price, which you can flip for some ref.

buying stranges with good parts.

buying level 100 craft hats from bots.

thanks all so much for the tips i really appreciate it cause i really didnt know how to make profit now that i know ill try my best to be a trader thanks so much :) also how do i join the discord 

I see you have a lot of skins and war paints, when they become tradable, try auctioning them at scrap.tf. Quick and easy profit.

thanks for the tip yes i do i have bough tthe conracts for jungel inferno and i have still more skins to get thanks so much for the advice do :)

ok i have bought whit 4.77 ref 3 hats that are level 100 do i just sell me for higher than i bought em for ? cause there lvl 100?

43 minutes ago, gameingwhitrad said:

ok i have bought whit 4.77 ref 3 hats that are level 100 do i just sell me for higher than i bought em for ? cause there lvl 100?

Practically no one cares about levels anymore. You'd be very hard pressed to get someone to pay extra for them.

14 hours ago, gameingwhitrad said:

Took a look at your inventory, not sure what hat you bought, I assume is the painted demo hat.

No one pays extra for level numbers, unless those guys are collectors, but they are rare nowadays, you want to get off this low-tier trading hell within 1-2 months. So don't waste your time on number levels. 

I highly recommend painted hats to get fast profits:

For the painted hats, I usually auction it off scrap.tf a day after. I set the minimum bid to buy order price for the unpainted hat and (hope) people pay more than what I buy it for. 80% of the time i gain profit.

But be aware that better paints sell better, the best paints are Lime, Pink, Distinctive Lack of Hue, After Eight, Australium Gold. Sometimes Mann Co. Orange and No.216-190-216 are okay with some buyers as well. While buying, either get the seller to sell you the hat without paying extra (unlikely) or negotiate for a cheaper price, I pay 10% paint +item price. Paint regions are important as well, if that hat you buy does not have an apparent paint region then is better not to buy it. 

Example:https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Co-Pilot

For each hat/cosmetic, you can go to the wiki to see what it looks like after paint is applied. If someone offers you a Team Spirit Co-Pilot, just tell them to go away.

If you can't find people willing to sell the hat for cheap, then go to Steam Community Market and buy painted hats there. The people there don't the value of their items, so they list it below market price.

I spent 3 keys worth of money there to buy 6 painted hats, sell them a week later and got a combine 1 key profit. Of course Hat and colour matters.

Edit: If you haven't already, use Bazaar.tf. More sites to help you promote items = More sales and trades

6 minutes ago, gameingwhitrad said:

but how do i get ppl to sell to me painted hats  cause my ad isnt working

https://bazaar.tf/trade/1708058

Use my post as an example. Of course, you will develop your own trading strategies in a few weeks through constant trading, is all trial and error tbh. Just use mine to get an idea for now.

And of course, be patient, you won't get people responding to you in seconds.

Edit: Bump your listing, Bazaar.tf bumps your listing every 30 mins as long as you are online on their site.

9 hours ago, gameingwhitrad said:

but how do i put in a place in trade the thing for a strange random weapon

Type Weapon on the right side of trade, you can change its quality to anything else in advanced settings. If you want people to offer you anything, just put "offer" at the right side. 

Archived