Collector's items that could exist, but don't.

m__i__n__t__

I've recently been made aware of the fact that there are many possible collector's items that aren't in the game yet.

What do I mean by this?

I mean that on the official tf2 wiki, there are possible collector's items that haven't been crafted yet with a chemistry set.

The chemistry sets exist, but they haven't been crafted.

How did you find this out?

I found this out while searching for my dream cosmetics, which happens to include some collector's items.

The one part I'm missing?

A Collector's Soldier's Stogie

Why should anyone care?

They are a part of Team Fortress 2's massive item collection as well as history as a game. For trader's alike, some of the most valuable items in existence are weird glitched items (ie. vintage scrap metal).

I have searched all of backpack.tf as well as several other trading websites for the chemistry set to the Soldier's Stogie, and happened to learn that there are an extremely small amount of chemistry sets for cosmetics.

The chemistry sets no longer drop.

With those two facts in mind, the chances of getting one of these uncrafted chemistry sets is even lower when you add other factors.

What other factors?

Their account can't have been banned, otherwise all of their items are permanently locked into their inventory (as far as I'm aware).

Their account can't have been hacked, otherwise they won't have access to the account to accept any trades.

They have to still be active, otherwise they can't respond to any trades.

They have to be willing to sell the item, if they don't want to sell it, there's nothing you can do about it.

All in all, finding some of these more uncommon items has been an interesting adventure, and I hope you learned something from this post as well! If anyone does happen to find where the chemistry set for the Soldier's Stogie is, please let me know.

-Mint

1 hour ago, Joeg said:

You can use tf2 tools to find collectors chemistry sets,

http://www.tf2tools.net/utilities/collectorcosmetics

Scroll over the one you're after and copy the original id into a backpack.tf item history link, like this:

https://backpack.tf/item/2477103112

Currently owned by a collector, but you might as well try. Hope that's what you were looking for

Thanks for the help. Interesting stuff.

7 hours ago, m__i__n__t__ said:

I've recently been made aware of the fact that there are many possible collector's items that aren't in the game yet.

What do I mean by this?

I mean that on the official tf2 wiki, there are possible collector's items that haven't been crafted yet with a chemistry set.

The chemistry sets exist, but they haven't been crafted.

How did you find this out?

I found this out while searching for my dream cosmetics, which happens to include some collector's items.

The one part I'm missing?

A Collector's Soldier's Stogie

Why should anyone care?

They are a part of Team Fortress 2's massive item collection as well as history as a game. For trader's alike, some of the most valuable items in existence are weird glitched items (ie. vintage scrap metal).

I have searched all of backpack.tf as well as several other trading websites for the chemistry set to the Soldier's Stogie, and happened to learn that there are an extremely small amount of chemistry sets for cosmetics.

The chemistry sets no longer drop.

With those two facts in mind, the chances of getting one of these uncrafted chemistry sets is even lower when you add other factors.

What other factors?

Their account can't have been banned, otherwise all of their items are permanently locked into their inventory (as far as I'm aware).

Their account can't have been hacked, otherwise they won't have access to the account to accept any trades.

They have to still be active, otherwise they can't respond to any trades.

They have to be willing to sell the item, if they don't want to sell it, there's nothing you can do about it.

All in all, finding some of these more uncommon items has been an interesting adventure, and I hope you learned something from this post as well! If anyone does happen to find where the chemistry set for the Soldier's Stogie is, please let me know.

-Mint

1. It's not "many", most of them that can be crafted already have and the majority of the ones that haven't are in inactive or trade banned accounts and have been for years 

2. the TF2 Wiki is outdated and isn't a good resource for Collector's quality, use TF2Tools

I see red text post, i post in red text post

The collector's items... are owned by collectors, including me and Harry above me

We're not trade banned or abandoned accounts, we just collect

tf2 wiki is garbage at information reagarding collector's as they seem to not have any inkling to *actually look*, tf2tools is king for this stuff

We've been at this game for years my friend, you have only a world to get used to

Archived