Has anyone ever gone so far as to collect every tradable TF2 cosmetic?

Ranx

I've recently updated my collection to include one of every normal tradeable TF2 cosmetic.  I might be missing some extreme rarities (don't own Rudolph), but I have every reasonably normal hat or misc.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has accomplished this?

The Director does have a decent collection.  He is missing a lot of new stuff though.  His rarities are really phenomenal though.  Makes me jealous.

2 hours ago, Ranx said:

He is missing a lot of new stuff though.

His backpack is 2 years private so it's unknown if he has more, I also think he has at least 1 alt with more since inventory limits are a thing.

Do you know much about the history of items data that backpack.tf maintains?

I used to own a Knifestorm Crones Dome back in 2013 and it seems that my name doesn't appear on the history list for the ones currently in circulation.  Does this mean that the one I previously owned is in a private account or maybe an inactive account?

My account is listed at around 7900, if you subtract the first page of unusuals, might give you some idea (ballpark).

I used to be a mass idler back in the day.  I was operating with Robin Walker's blessing so to speak, since he was asked in 2011 if they were going to do anything about the idlers.  He said no they were not at that time.  So I ran 100 accounts every week for many years and amassed about 70% of what I have.  Then one day (I think late 2013) Valve sent me a polite email asking me to cut it out.  So I stopped farming back then.  I quit playing in 2014 since I had developed a severe addiction to the game and wanted to try other things.  I've recently started playing again and since I haven't run a farm in years, I now have to put cash into my account.

I just did this as a hobby.  I'm not hurting for money (Not rich either), so I don't really care to trade it away.  As far as I'm concerned, it can sit in my account until one day Valve turns the servers off.

26 minutes ago, Ranx said:

used to own a Knifestorm Crones Dome back in 2013

IIRC a bunch of data got fucked pre 2014 and so most of that info is gone. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

In the past, I've gotten close, with having every cosmetic for a few classes at one point, but as more and more stuff came out, I didn't really keep up. I also got into unusual collecting too, so that became more of a focus, especially with the insanity of trying to get an unusual version of every hat in the same effect (though 182 hats of the same effect and 36 taunts of the same effect are nothing to sneeze at).

I do still try to pick up any miscs I find I'm missing though, as I do like to change my cosmetic loadouts frequently and having the more options, the better.

7 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

IIRC a bunch of data got fucked pre 2014 and so most of that info is gone. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought I remembered the same.  Although I thought a similar thing also happened on TF2items.com (the original backpack viewing website).

Scott that is one impressive collection you have there.  God speed you crazy man!

Archived