Key prices in $

puddingkip

So right now keys are key value in ref * ref value in $, but that value is not always correct. In fact, it's incorrect almost at any time. Keys also get traded for $ way more often than ref, so it would make sense to list key $ prices too. I'm not saying ref value of keys needs to be removed, it should have a double price i.e. 7.33 ref/$1.80

For valuing backpacks, now all done with ref multipliers, you can use a ref multiplier for items valued in ref and a key multiplier for those listed in keys. 

what i think this will cause is a decrease in the value of keys in cash.

if you list the price like you do with ref on the homepage or any place else it will cause them to go down to like 1.7$ each because there are sellers who have very low amounts of rep or refuse to go first even though a trader has significantly more rep. so then the price will lower, and will continue further on. even though 1.8$ each sells

this will hurt the market more than it will help it

but then refined prices wouid constantly be changing by getting keyprice in $/key price in metal wont it?

No. Independent key and metal prices in $ is what I want

what i think this will cause is a decrease in the value of keys in cash.

if you list the price like you do with ref on the homepage or any place else it will cause them to go down to like 1.7$ each because there are sellers who have very low amounts of rep or refuse to go first even though a trader has significantly more rep. so then the price will lower, and will continue further on. even though 1.8$ each sells

this will hurt the market more than it will help it

But same goes with any listed item. It's one of the downsides of a priceguide. And people that seem superbly fishy wouldn't be allowed to be accepted as proof

But same goes with any listed item. It's one of the downsides of a priceguide. And people that seem superbly fishy wouldn't be allowed to be accepted as proof

not really. because the regular priceguide doesnt rely on how reputable you are.

even if the bp.tf price for keys would be listed at 1.7usd id still buy from the much more reputable ones at 1.8usd each. which will lead to a price of 1.7-1.8 because it can be found at 1.7 but it sells at 1.8, and the lowerend will always go lower, and after a while the high end needs to go down because people rely on the bp.tf price too much. this will have the same effect as key prices in metal, but the other way around. we dont need more hate for bp.tf for a simple tool to check your backpacks worth.

im more for hardcoding the fact that keys are a mid of 1.8usd each.

Listing the key price in $ likely won't impact the cash market for keys much. Most people who trade with cash don't really rely on bp.tf to price their keys.

Listing the key price in $ likely won't impact the cash market for keys much. Most people who trade with cash don't really rely on bp.tf to price their keys.

maybe because bp.tf isnt listing key prices

Archived