What is apropraite for + and - rep

GalvanCookie

A user recently agreed to trade with me in a trade window, before letting the trade go to mobile authenticator,. They then left the trade server, joined another and sold some of our agreed upon items to someone else, cancelling our trade. All through this time I was trying to add them, and I joined their game and asked in chat and over mic if they could finish confirming our trade and was ignored. I was hoping to give them a -rep for running away from the trade but not sure if I am allowed to give rep for this.

I have no screenshots of the trade window, only the trade we would've made with an item greyed out, so no evidence to back this up.

Well, rep means they can be trusted and wont scam or do any funny business, shows if they are reputable. (apparently) this guy apparently ran away from the agreed trade, which, well they didn't scam you but also didn't go through with what was agreed. Theoretically i would personally say it probably isnt that big of a deal and doesn't really require -repping. If you have negative experiences with them in the future there isnt anything stopping you from giving them it though...

52 minutes ago, Sprekt said:

No evidence = invalid -trust.

obviously he is asking theoretically, stop trying to appear witty, no one cares you have big balls or whatever

Is there anything I can do without evidence other than leave a comment on their profile which they will delete within a few minutes?

8 minutes ago, GalvanCookie said:

Is there anything I can do without evidence other than leave a comment on their profile which they will delete within a few minutes?

I would just move on mate, if you dont wanna leave -rep then forget him and continue. 

Well the issue here is what the +/- trust is used for on this website - it's for risky trades/agreements where things are not as simple as what's in the trade window (includes paypal trades and spycrabs)

Your issue doesn't involve this sort of action, so it's nto relevant to the trust factor on bp.tf. He hasn't scammed, he's just been hella rude. As it happened in a trade server the only thing you could potentially do is report him to the admins of the trade servers where this happened, ths doesn't involve backpack.tf or any other trading website.

The bp.tf rep system is solely meant for risky trades and trade-related actions, I.E. if you were to buy or sell something to someone for PayPal, a Steam gift card, a Steam game that isn't a direct-trade gift, or for Brokering, etc. It's not meant for "+rep he paid what I wanted for my hat!" or "-rep he said he'd sell something to me but sold it to someone else instead!".

13 hours ago, GalvanCookie said:

But I do want to leave a minus rep, I just dont have the evidence needed

Negative ratings without evidence are invalid, so you can't do that

Archived