Keep one. Sell one.

creepio

I have two Anti-freeze spy cosmetics. Equip regions don’t conflict as it’s a hat and a misc, but it’s sort of silly having two of the same effect in one load out when I could get $600-700+ out of one or the other. 

I have a 1/1 Anti-Freeze Charmers. I paid two energy yellow belts and some pure for it a few years ago. I have had many offers in the low 300’s over the years. As a RA/AF enthusiast, it seems like the perfect hat for my collection, given its rarity and the lack of a RA variant. 

I also have a 1/7 Anti-Freeze Phantom. I paid something like 440 keys for it. Miscs are dope..

I don’t really care about which one is more expensive. Charmers is beautiful, but the phantom is a misc. 

What would you do? Personal use. Trade value not a factor. 

If you adjust the effects just right, then having 2 of the same effect can be really neat looking. Like, a pillar of anti-freeze :P 

I would keep the phantom since you can pair it with a regular hat (and wear a regular charmers chapeau for the same look) versus the charmer's where you don't have that many loadout options and are limited to the charmer's as your hat.

And if you ever decide to quit the game the phantom will be easier to sell, you don't want to wait forever to sell a TF2 item since generally expensive items that aren't miscs or halloweens take FOREVER to sell at their full price.

Keep the le party phantom so you can wear any hat you want, or get another unusual to combo with it like scorching flames or demonflame.

Keep the phantom, sell the Charmers. It being 1/1 gives you more versatility to sell it for the price you best believe is right without the threat of being undercut. And by keeping the LPF, now you can get any hat you want for Spy with any effect you can afford after selling the charmer's (which will probably be just about ANY effect in the game on most hats.) - Where as if you sold the Le Party, you'd be stuck buying another Le Party Phantom, since I guarantee you don't wanna drop the ridiculous amount of keys needed to get an all-class misc or Noh Mercy with a shit effect.

Granted, that's if you wanna continue using 2 unusuals at once on Spy. If you really like the Charmer's and just want keys for other things, whether it be to cash out or make loadouts for other classes, then the Le Party Phantom will be much easier to sell in a short amount of time for a good price, since miscs are in high demand among high-end traders. (And tbh, if it weren't for how I dislike the Charmer's looks in general, the Le Party Phantom would go as it's is an ugly ass misc to me if you don't get hats that specifically compliment it in a masquerade ball style)

I'd recommend you keep the Charmers. I think. Something nice about a 1/1 hat. Plus, imo the Phantom is pretty fugly with a lot of other Spy cosmetics.

I would keep them both of trade the Charmer , you can get another Charmer with a different effect that looks good with the phantom.

Just saw you listed the Charmers for sale good choice imo

1 hour ago, Norah said:

I'd recommend you keep the Charmers. I think. Something nice about a 1/1 hat. Plus, imo the Phantom is pretty fugly with a lot of other Spy cosmetics.

Yeah I like having a paintable top, middle, and bottom for every loadout. Phantom is really nice, but ultimately sacrifices torso or foot cosmetic on any loadout as you almost have to pair it with a hat. 

thank you for not bringing up anything related to trade value.. like I asked haha. 

3 hours ago, fenfen said:

If you adjust the effects just right, then having 2 of the same effect can be really neat looking. Like, a pillar of anti-freeze :P 

Honestly 99% of people don’t even notice lol

Think you should keep the Charmer's. You said it seems to be the perfect hat for your collection, while all the Phantom gets is "miscs are dope."

Additional point, the Phantom would go for more on the market, so why not keep the one you enjoy more, while making some profit as well?

56 minutes ago, Surs said:

Think you should keep the Charmer's. You said it seems to be the perfect hat for your collection, while all the Phantom gets is "miscs are dope."

Additional point, the Phantom would go for more on the market, so why not keep the one you enjoy more, while making some profit as well?

I mean the phantom isn't pretty or anything, but it is a misc.. which falls in line with my veil, belt, beak, bonk, and rack. May pursue a lucha and brainiac again in the future, who knows? Charmers is prettier, but less versatile. Kind of restricted to a couple different loadout options. The $100-200 difference in value isn't really a concern of mine when I'm looking to cash out ~$5-6 thousand, which is why I didn't want people to let the marketing advantage influence their opinions.. which most people have done lol. 

I do appreciate the opinion. I am definitely leaning towards the charmers right now. 

My 2 cents is to go and find something youd really want then if the phantom lets you get it go that route, if the charmers lets you get it do that. This situation is obviously without having a fav of the 2 but bc ur leaning towards the phantom id  take a look at what hats it can snag ya and just skip trying to sell the thing and pick up whatever item(s) ur after. 

Nice phantom btw (ive got one too :D)  

• creepio locked this topic

Archived