what is linecutting

JTI

so someone on my profile in my comments says i am linecutting but i have no idea what i do wrong he said he reported me please help

linecutting is when you list to buy or sell an item for X, but say in the notes you're actually buying/selling for a different number (for selling->a higher number, for buying->a lower number).  pretty much it's 'gaming' the system so your listing is at the top

10 minutes ago, JTI said:

i put 19 ref instead of 19 keys by accident now i am get banned what??????????????????????

don't know where you're finding that you're getting banned, but I doubt you will be for a first offense 

Making a small mistake by listing at 19 ref instead of 19 keys will not get you banned, no.

Theres multiple ways you could be line cutting, some examples:

- Listing a buy order at 5 keys and in the notes saying you're offering 4 keys.

- Other way around, low sell order at 4 keys and asking for 5 keys in the notes.

- Sell orders asking for item overpay only

- Making a buy order for a specific killstreak sheen / killstreaker combination without modifying the buy order with the pencil icon.

- Making a buy order for an item with a specific paint/part/level/craft number without modifying the buy order with the pencil icon.

image.png.0498eee5039966015a3d4dbf6c19aba4.png

- Making a buy order where you are buying spells only.

- Making a buy order for the Conscientious Objector but only with a specific decal applied. You can only create buy orders for items without decals applied.

- Listing a buy order looking for 3 items and paying, for example, a key. Instead, you need to make a buy order with the price you're paying for a single item. Not the total of 3.

For most of these, you can create a buy order for the non-painted/spelled/parted/decalled/killstreaker etc version and list a higher price for the specific item in the listing notes. However you must accept items without these things applied for your list price too in that case. 

Archived