Dota 2 Arcanas now have a 7 days trade hold , Do you think TF2 keys are next ?

Josik

So pretty much like 3 days ago it was announced that Arcanas will have a 7 day trade hold same as every Cs go items , My question now is If Csgo traders start using TF2 keys , bill's or buds do you think TF2 will get the same treatment with the 7 days trade hold ? 

If this happens how do you think it will affect TF2 trading scene and economy overall ? One thing is for sure bots will die.

I dont understand why Valve is so harsh when it comes to making Csgo traders wait 7 days , they make a shitton of money with Csgo economy so why are they making trading so difficult ?

All opinions are appreciated , also this is my first Post in the forum so hey.

1 hour ago, Josik said:

-snip-

I dont understand why Valve is so harsh when it comes to making Csgo traders wait 7 days , they make a shitton of money with Csgo economy so why are they making trading so difficult ?

All opinions are appreciated , also this is my first Post in the forum so hey.

dealing with fraud is expensive too.  trade holds may  not be the best option, but it's what they went with

4 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

dealing with fraud is expensive too.  trade holds may  not be the best option, but it's what they went with

Spot on. Pile Of EOTL Keys Anyone....

Let me clear few things here up.

Not only arcanas are effect, literally everything is effect. It doesnt matter what you trade, if you trade just a common couri whats worth 3 cent, the item is as well 7 days untradeable.

Next thing is the arcana quicksell. Its not because "trade hold", its because the battlepass got released and like every year, once the battlepass gets released, people start quickselling everything they have just to get a high battlepass level.

In CS:GO they added this system because of money laundring, scamming and gambling (but lets be honest, it was because of the youtube drama about csgo Lotto)

Why do they work against the community? As you said Valve makes a ton of money BUT many people trying/tried to lawsuit them because they say they support gambling, money laundring etc. and belive it or not if many people try to lawsuit you about this, this isnt a really good add for your own company.

Why did dota get hit then? Its because the csgo community moved to another currency which were the arcanas and some rare items like Dragonclaw hook. (Arcanas were highly used on gambling sites) And well, same game again.

What does this mean for us? TF2 community? Well IF the csgo traders (more gambling sites) move to the tf2 keys, you probably can imagne yourself whats gonna happen next.

What happens if we are getting hit? As negative as its sounds but lets be realistic; tons of people are going to leave the game, thats a fact. Once the trade hold got introduced in csgo, around 20 to 30% of people left the game and some trading sites/gambling sites shuted down because of this. Then it became free2play to negate the lost players. (what a coincidence, isnt it?) Dota doesnt lose so many players because dota palyers dont really care about it, the dota trading community doesnt really exists - its more like a competitive community. (I played this game for 6.500 hours, its all about smurfs, your ranked medal, bracket, skill, etc. and not much is trade able there... mostly only "TI" stuff...)

What should we do now? Nothing. There is no need to panic or anything - if its happen, its happening - deal with it and no, no one can ever tell "if we" and "when we" get striked with the 1 week trade hold system.

Most of the csgo trader shifted to h1z1 items as currency.  So I dont think tf2 keys will be affected.

Well the thing is csgo keys were made untradable so the csgo communit switched to using dota 2 arcanas and then now those have the trade hold. The reason I heard is because people were using them to launder money.

So it is entirely possible that it will happen but we can just go back to headphones  

Can you imagine the day TF2 keys get a trade hold and the mad lad with a full 4000 slot inventory of Refined wakes up to see Refined soaring to well over $1 a piece to act as the replacement for keys?

If I see that more and more people from Csgo starts using TF2 key I might get some buds tbh and if the TF2 keys get a trade hold , they will skyrocket.

On the other hand Csgo skins are worth a crazy amount so for a big chunk of skins you have to put an absurd amount of TF2 keys which is so inconvenient , thats why I think TF2 keys wont become the main thing that will replace Arcanas.

Archived