Is TF2 down?

Snizzle

Hey so I have been trying to que into a random casual match and have been unable to join a single match, it has been almost 20 minutes now! Also I am getting this message when I try to view my trade offers. Is anyone else getting the same issue as me?

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error retrieving your trade offers. Please try again later.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is steam being hacked or something? A game breaking glitch? Bots flooding the casual servers?

probably a bot issue. mygt bots and can you quack bots have been hitting casual games hard recently

41 minutes ago, ya5u said:

probably a bot issue. mygt bots and can you quack bots have been hitting casual games hard recently

So is there a ban wave happening right now? And the bots are resisting?

1 hour ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

Every Tuesday at around 16:00 Pacific time there is scheduled maintenance. This is when they patch servers (kernel patching), change loads, decommission old servers and spin up new ones depending on whats going on over at the data center. It's a weekly thing and sometimes it can go on for a bit longer than expected. Outages that aren't on a Tuesday are more commonly caused by the high traffic that valve gets on a daily basis. I'd be willing to bet if nothing special is going on they are simply running audits on their hosts (making sure everything is as it should be) and cleaning whatever logs are eating space. If you look at the forum posts every Monday people point out that steam is slow "for now" which alludes to something impacting performance that needs a weekly fix/clean.

2 hours ago, Bob the Unsymmetrical said:

There's no way that bots could resist a ban wave in any way, no idea what science fiction movie you're thinking of 😛

1 hour ago, Zeus904 said:

Every Tuesday at around 16:00 Pacific time there is scheduled maintenance. This is when they patch servers (kernel patching), change loads, decommission old servers and spin up new ones depending on whats going on over at the data center. It's a weekly thing and sometimes it can go on for a bit longer than expected. Outages that aren't on a Tuesday are more commonly caused by the high traffic that valve gets on a daily basis. I'd be willing to bet if nothing special is going on they are simply running audits on their hosts (making sure everything is as it should be) and cleaning whatever logs are eating space. If you look at the forum posts every Monday people point out that steam is slow "for now" which alludes to something impacting performance that needs a weekly fix/clean.

The same happened to the Activation servers for COD: modern warfare & COD: black ops 4, and the support page wasnt sure what happened and were in a panic to fix it 
https://support.activision.com/onlineservices/event-details.html?event=9399 so it bigger then just a reoccurring steam thing

i think it maybe be a Internet issue in the US, maybe a new law was placed 

Archived