need help with starting a trade bot

Spiky

Bot.tf isn't selling any bots currently. From what I've heard, tf2 automatic are good, and many bots on backpack.tf already use them. So I'd say your best bet if you can't code one yourself is to use tf2 automatic.

im not looking for paid bots, since i want to do low tier item trading. If i can make this work, i might consider looking up how to make it work on raspberry pi. not sure if it's worth it tho.

17 minutes ago, Spiky said:

im not looking for paid bots, since i want to do low tier item trading. If i can make this work, i might consider looking up how to make it work on raspberry pi. not sure if it's worth it tho.

you can get a yearly microvps (like 256mb ram) for like $4 a year and host it; there's a forum called lowendtalk. you can look for a provider on there.

i've been running my own made trading bot on a microvps for like 6 months, no problem so far.

raspberry pi is also okay but make sure that you don't get power outages/internet problems.

tf2-automatic is fine, it won't bug out.

TF2Automatic is a good option, yes.

But looking at your backpack value, I dont think getting a trade bot right now is a good idea.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:57 PM, srg-n said:

Node.js is a better choice since there are a lot of libraries for Steam client things, Steam API wrappers, etc.

https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steam-user

You can start here if you want to prefer Node.js which i strongly recommend.

Or you can use SteamKit which is provided by Valve itself. https://github.com/SteamRE/SteamKit/

Once you get the client login thingy, you need to poll your trade offers (node-steam libraries provide an event for that, with integrated caching) and process the items for each sides. Get a sum of their values according to your database, bp.tf listings data or something else.

Finally, accept them if the values match (or if partner's items total price is more than yours). You'll also need to deal with 2FA, node-steam makes it really easy.

might help

Hi, I'm a bot dev. It is indeed better to make your own bot. Tf2-Automatic uses the prices.tf API to price items. However, this website often has unfavorable prices, and doesn't respond well to items that don't sell well or items whose value fluctuates a lot. I can confirm this, because i talked to Nicklason, the developer of tf2 automatic, and I also tried to use prices.tf when i first started making bots. However, i recommend using his modules for trading, as they can e a lifesaver.

Archived