Build a better PC or get a PS4/XB1?

Ersin

Saving up right now and going too Japan by this summer. I was looking to see if which one is better.

My Computer runs great for regular games like Tf2,L4D2,LoL,Dota2,Minecraft,Starcraft 2 ,but for high end games thats on pc i'm getting iffy like BF4, Bioshock Infinite ,GTA V and my fave Last of us.

Inspiron 530 Specs:

CPU - Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 GHz (My Pc is manufactured by Dell so I can't overclock my CPU)

GPU - Shappire HD 7750 (1GB GDDR5)

PSU - 400+

RAM - 4 GB :(

Monitor - 1650x1050.

Would reuse the PSU,GPU and maybe the CPU. Will trash the case and the RAM (Get 16GB RAM) 

Just think of this cases in your room:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermaltake-Level-10-GT-VN10001W2N-Rackmount-Chassis-Full-w-FREE-DVD-DRIVE-/121276074995?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item1c3c9e0bf3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Raidmax-Viper-ATX-321WR-No-Power-Supply-ATX-Mid-Tower-Case-Red-/200700067610?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item2ebaa7ff1a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerocool-Devil-Red-Edition-ATX-Gaming-PC-Computer-Case-Xpredator-X3-NEW-/231047261724?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item35cb7d6e1c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-ATX-Mid-Tower-Front-LED-Fan-Gaming-PC-Screwless-Hot-Swap-Computer-Case-/251395695360?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item3a8859e300

Or the easier way get a PS4 ,since it's almost the same as PC gameplay wise (Except for controls) and doesn't take much to setup (will still use my computer)

Depends on if you like each console's exclusives. If you 'd like, you could slightly upgrade your PC because it's pretty decent.

PS:Why is Wii U not an option?  :(

Depends on if you like each console's exclusives. If you 'd like, you could slightly upgrade your PC because it's pretty decent.

PS:Why is Wii U not an option?  :(

Maybe I would consider Wii U ,but all I really ever owned from Nintendo was a Gameboy and Nintendo DSXL.

P.S. I would consider upgrading it (Mostly my RAM and CPU) ,but with damn Dell locking every Dell PC including mine ,so we can't overclock our CPUs in no way. 

I suggest you get a console :P you pc is pretty good for at the rest of the year, or at least another 6 months

no.

the 7750 will do it really well for tf2, sc2, e.t.c, but not for newer games such as BF4 and the like.

Your CPU is also gonna bottleneck anything else you throw into it, and its probably soldered on (OEM thing), and even if it isn't, simply getting a CPU for whatever socket your CPU even is is going to be impossible.

You are basically going to have to throw everything out, except maybe your hard drive and ODD.

ALSO, YOU DO NOT NEED 16GB OF RAM. 4GB IS THE BARE MINIMUM, 8GB IS THE SWEET SPOT. 

Building a computer from scratch needn't be too expensive! In fact, Nvidia just released a pretty nice GPU that'll do Bioshock Infinite @ Ultra @ 1920*1080 at a comfortable 40+ FPS for a nice price. 

Remember, ask us for help! Many of us have built our own PCs in the past. 

(also, use newegg)

no.

the 7750 will do it really well for tf2, sc2, e.t.c, but not for newer games such as BF4 and the like.

Your CPU is also gonna bottleneck anything else you throw into it, and its probably soldered on (OEM thing), and even if it isn't, simply getting a CPU for whatever socket your CPU even is is going to be impossible.

You are basically going to have to throw everything out, except maybe your hard drive and ODD.

ALSO, YOU DO NOT NEED 16GB OF RAM. 4GB IS THE BARE MINIMUM, 8GB IS THE SWEET SPOT. 

Building a computer from scratch needn't be too expensive! In fact, Nvidia just released a pretty nice GPU that'll do Bioshock Infinite @ Ultra @ 1920*1080 at a comfortable 40+ FPS for a nice price. 

Remember, ask us for help! Many of us have built our own PCs in the past. 

(also, use newegg)

I'm guessing your talking about the Maxwell? In other notes It's pretty much a no ,no for most of my Computer (CPU,GPU,RAM) except for my harddrives and my ODD?

Why are you wanting 16GB for gaming? 4-8 is plenty for sole gaming.

Your GPU and CPU are the bottlenecks for higher end games.

What is your budget? Are you wanting to overclock for a reason, or just e-peen?

For non overclocking grab a EVGA 760 w/ACX, i5 4670, Asrock h87 fatal1y and a new 550+ psu (corsair or seasonic IMO) ~$600 vs a new console and games to play.

Keep the case & ram (upgrade later) youre golden then. Ram will need an upgrade. DDR2 vs DDR3 slots. Tack on an extra 50$ for 8GB DDR3.

If you want to overclock get the 4670k and a z87 board instead of h87, couple the new CPU with a 212 evo. Stock cooler on the 4670 is fine

Why are you wanting 16GB for gaming? 4-8 is plenty for sole gaming.

Your GPU and CPU are the bottlenecks for higher end games.

What is your budget? Are you wanting to overclock for a reason, or just e-peen?

For non overclocking grab a EVGA 760 w/ACX, i5 4670, Asrock h87 fatal1y and a new 550+ psu (corsair or seasonic IMO) ~$600 vs a new console and games to play.

Keep the case & ram (upgrade later) youre golden then. Ram will need an upgrade. DDR2 vs DDR3 slots. Tack on an extra 50$ for 8GB DDR3.

If you want to overclock get the 4670k and a z87 board instead of h87, couple the new CPU with a 212 evo. Stock cooler on the 4670 is fine

I would love to overclock ,but because of Dell the BIOS settings to overclock is locked (Not password as in you can never access it)

My budget will be around 200-500$. Depends on how much I need.

well as previously mentioned. You are going to need a new CPU. With that comes a new mobo and ram. Your GPU is really low end for new games, maybe get away with bf4 on absolute lowest possible settings. New (more powerful) GPU is gonna need a new PSU.

I was asking if you had a reason to overclock, not if you wanted to or not.

I would love to overclock ,but because of Dell the BIOS settings to overclock is locked (Not password as in you can never access it)

My budget will be around 200-500$. Depends on how much I need.

200-500 is going to be a stretch....

You really can't built a worthwhile gaming computer for less than $600. BUT, do keep in mind 1) console games are more expensive, 2) you'll have to trash all the pc games you currently have. So, that $200-500 should easily be able to be raised to $600+ since you won't need to spend as much on games.

AMD FX 8320 (overclocked 4,4 GHz)

ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z

Nvidia 770 from Palit or an AMD R9 280x

8 GB RAM, 16 are useless

Corsair AX 760i PSU

Get whatever case and monitor you want and some fans for the CPU.

It's some money to spent, but I'm currently using all the components and everything is working perfectly.

Why don't you just upgrade??? Waste buying case/psu/new windows etc.

OP, what is your motherboard?

Theres no where for him to upgrade to. Upgrading the gpu won't get him anywhere if he doesn't upgrade his cpu, which he can't do. 

200-500 is going to be a stretch....

You really can't built a worthwhile gaming computer for less than $600. BUT, do keep in mind 1) console games are more expensive, 2) you'll have to trash all the pc games you currently have. So, that $200-500 should easily be able to be raised to $600+ since you won't need to spend as much on games.

I have 2 choices it's either sell my PS3 for 300$ (Games ,HDMI , Controller included) or wait to get too Japan and see if I can get something that I need make a new comp. (it doesn't need to be quick)

I have 2 choices it's either sell my PS3 for 300$ (Games ,HDMI , Controller included) or wait to get too Japan and see if I can get something that I need make a new comp. (it doesn't need to be quick)

Just keep your ps3. Theres no reason to get a ps4. 

IMO theres not enough ps4 exclusives worth a damn to justify a new system.

Get a better PC and play the games you already have and wait for more exclusives to come out.

Just keep your ps3. Theres no reason to get a ps4. TILL LATER. 

Fixed that. (Ps3 is an important console, plenty of amazing games on it and im sure the ps4 will have amazing must play games in the following years)

And OP basically has to start from scratch. Get your WIN key off your pc so you dont have to buy OS

And keep the case since that will save you 60-100$ And just move everything later on if you want to get a new case. 

Fixed that. (Ps3 is an important console, plenty of amazing games on it and im sure the ps4 will have amazing must play games in the following years)

And OP basically has to start from scratch. Get your WIN key off your pc so you dont have to buy OS

And keep the case since that will save you 60-100$ And just move everything later on if you want to get a new case.

Well I guess that finishes the point of getting the new consoles.

So what do you guys recommend for a high end computer that will at least last few years w/o upgrading?

Will certainly trash the case (we have 2 old cases. One was from my brother who change to a new computer ,but took most of the stuff from the comp. The other one is my sisters which it's motherboard and PSU was fried. Could probably get one of them ,since they are just sitting on our garage collecting dust and such)

Theres no where for him to upgrade to. Upgrading the gpu won't get him anywhere if he doesn't upgrade his cpu, which he can't do.

I can actually upgrade my CPU ,but I can't overclock it ,since like I said about Dell locking bios settings for it.

Motherboards a Vostro 200 400 if I'm right.

I can actually upgrade my CPU ,but I can't overclock it ,since like I said about Dell locking bios settings for it.

Motherboards a Vostro 200 400 if I'm right.

Yeah, but the problem is your platform is old enough that frankly even the best CPU that you could be buying for your current platform is outperformed by a newer sub-par CPU.

Yeah, but the problem is your platform is old enough that frankly even the best CPU that you could be buying for your current platform is outperformed by a newer sub-par CPU.Well what do i do now 

Wow. Well any recommendations for a motherboard and CPU? I'll stay with the HD 7750 for now and i'll get a new case. 

You didnt read anything in the particulars I said did you.

h87 and i5 - not overclocking

z87, i5 -k, 212 evo - overclocking

Just as an FYI that 128-bit bus on that card is going to be the next bottleneck after replacing your cpu.

You didnt read anything in the particulars I said did you.

h87 and i5 - not overclocking

z87, i5 -k, 212 evo - overclocking

Just as an FYI that 128-bit bus on that card is going to be the next bottleneck after replacing your cpu.

Quite sorry about that. I'll take note of what you have said and hell it might be damn time to make myself a new computer :).

Archived