What does it take for a suggestion to pass?

Xenos

I've been on the TF2 scene for a pretty long time, on the trading scene for not quite as long, and on the "buying what I want" scene for the past year. Recently I got my hands on three Unusuals, two hats and one taunt (Pyroland Daydream Spiky Viking, Valiant Vortex Dancing Doe, and Good Hearted Goodies Mannrobics). All three of them use late 2019 effects, and as such none of them have had suggested prices. Now, I've never been part of the community that makes the whole economy work, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to probe around and ask how things function, mostly because of my Valiant Vortex Dancing Doe. Since only two exist according to the site stats, and to my knowledge mine is the only confirmed sale (via Marketplace.tf) or even for sale, I was curious what the the criteria would be to get a passed price suggestion on it. 

I don't have any further questions on it, because I know so little I don't even know what to ask about.

This is a question from somebody with zero knowledge on the pricing scene, so please go easy on me lol

Sales for suggestions have a 2-3 month window of relevancy depending on the rarity. The Dancing Doe in your possession was bought a month ago from the unboxer, and the other one in existence hasn't moved in 5 months, so your purchase is the only usable sale.

If you wish to make a price suggestion, you need to include either a backpack compare link showing exactly what the trade was if you traded with items, or a link to the sale on marketplace.tf if that is how you bought it with money. Seeing as you bought it on marketplace and only a couple exist, you would have to click the "IN STOCK" filter to show "NOT IN STOCK" items to find the sale. I went ahead and did it for you. Literally all you have to do is post this link: https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/31045;5;u133  into a price suggestion and just make the note that it's the only sale in the last 5 months. 

I'd open a suggestion but I don't really care to and since you haven't done it before, I'd encourage you to do it. Of course, people are low enough to see this and snipe the suggestion. Cheers.

58 minutes ago, creepio said:

Literally all you have to do is post this link: https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/31045;5;u133  into a price suggestion and just make the note that it's the only sale in the last 5 months. 

not just that. u need to check key prices on that day, take the cash value of the sale (65 usd) divided by key price on that day (1.9) which equates to 34.2 keys rounded to 34, then check for a buyout to see if it caps the sale.

I guess now that I said it someone's gonna snipe this one too xd

Just now, - B u r n said:

not just that. u need to check key prices on that day, take the cash value of the sale (65 usd) divided by key price on that day (1.9) which equates to 34.2 keys rounded to 34, then check for a buyout to see if it caps the sale.

right. my mistake

4 hours ago, - B u r n said:

I'm unfamiliar with what a buyout is. I do know the same person that sold it on Marketplace.tf had it listed on Backpack.tf for 47 keys (In fact it's still listed there now). How would I determine this buyout, and where is that used in the suggestion? Is it used to determine the upper value?

21 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I'm unfamiliar with what a buyout is. I do know the same person that sold it on Marketplace.tf had it listed on Backpack.tf for 47 keys (In fact it's still listed there now). How would I determine this buyout, and where is that used in the suggestion? Is it used to determine the upper value?

A buyout is simply what a user wanted in keys, in that case it'd be 47 keys. Buyouts can also help if an item sold for unusuals/other stuff which are good over the buyout, then it'd get buyout-capped, while pure (key) purchases can't get buyout capped.

TL;DR: Buyout in this case is 47, you can count the sale at that.

3 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

A buyout is simply what a user wanted in keys, in that case it'd be 47 keys. Buyouts can also help if an item sold for unusuals/other stuff which are good over the buyout, then it'd get buyout-capped, while pure (key) purchases can't get buyout capped.

TL;DR: Buyout in this case is 47, you can count the sale at that.

So, if I'm reading this right, the suggestion should be for 34 - 47 keys, with appropriate evidence shown, such as the Mplace sale and BP.tf listing?

Is this the correct method? Or is there more that I am missing?

47 minutes ago, Xenos said:

So, if I'm reading this right, the suggestion should be for 34 - 47 keys, with appropriate evidence shown, such as the Mplace sale and BP.tf listing?

Is this the correct method? Or is there more that I am missing?

rndmchrs is wrong. the buyout should be noted in the suggestion, but it has no impact on the range.
The buyout would only effect the sale if you had bought it for more than 47 keys through MPTF or in items. Because you did not, you can suggest the hat (with proper evidence and showing where you got your information from) at 34 keys flat.

I put up the suggestion using the advice you all gave me. Hopefully I don't get crapped on too much for my inexperience.

Should I also specify that I have no intention to resell it? I keep everything I go out of my way to buy, but I don't know if I would call myself a collector. I'm definitely not a trader, mostly just a buyer.

51 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I put up the suggestion using the advice you all gave me. Hopefully I don't get crapped on too much for my inexperience.

Should I also specify that I have no intention to resell it? I keep everything I go out of my way to buy, but I don't know if I would call myself a collector. I'm definitely not a trader, mostly just a buyer.

yeah you could state that (but it looks like you've already done so) 

anyways gj on your 1st suggestion :)

9 hours ago, TF2Scourge said:

rndmchrs is wrong. the buyout should be noted in the suggestion, but it has no impact on the range.
The buyout would only effect the sale if you had bought it for more than 47 keys through MPTF or in items. Because you did not, you can suggest the hat (with proper evidence and showing where you got your information from) at 34 keys flat.

I probably shouldn't post anything in the forums when I'm tired as hell, lol

What's the criteria to determine when a suggestion passes or not? Is it based on the number of votes something receives? Or is there another factor?

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

What's the criteria to determine when a suggestion passes or not? Is it based on the number of votes something receives? Or is there another factor?

Just if admin accept it, he will accept it if enough proof.

Archived