The one thing you really want in life

Teeird

The one thing you really want in life will never come to you -- no matter how hard you try and fight to get what you want, you won't get it. You fully know this and realize it.

So my question is; do you continue? Knowing you won't get anywhere. Or do you stop?

Is it rational to continue chasing something that isn't there? Is it rational to stop and give up but fully know that this is what you desire most?

Knowing what you want is more than half the battle.... if you know you truely want it then trying to get it no matter how improbable is still a worthwhile endeavor.

The one thing you really want in life will never come to you -- no matter how hard you try and fight to get what you want, you won't get it. You fully know this and realize it.

So my question is; do you continue? Knowing you won't get anywhere. Or do you stop?

Is it rational to continue chasing something that isn't there? Is it rational to stop and give up but fully know that this is what you desire most?

Well I don't know what you live for...

But in this situation I'd fight for someone else's sake, in fact I'd probably be doing that anyway. There is no 'getting nowhere' as something =/= nothing, if I need a lifetime of nothingness to achieve my goal then I will keep at it to make sure it does happen.

Well I don't know what you live for...

But in this situation I'd fight for someone else's sake, in fact I'd probably be doing that anyway. There is no 'getting nowhere' as something =/= nothing, if I need a lifetime of nothingness to achieve my goal then I will keep at it to make sure it does happen.

Well of course.

Rarely would anyone fight for something with great measure that's materialized. It's usually for another living person(s).

Life may seem like it's a little bit rough, but the strong people never ever give up.

I wouldnt be here if I sat and grownned

and dreamed about all the times I felt alone

I grew a backbone, and I told them wassup

I made a promise to never, ever give up.

I got that from one of my fave songs about never giving up. Life gets you down a lot but you gotta remember all the good things it has given.

It's kinda like trading. You start out small and probably can't get far. You have to WORK and tbh not many people like to do that. But if you want top prosper, if you want to achieve something, you arent gonna get there thinking about it.

Have a plan; A goal without a plan is just a wish.

There's never a reason to give up. Even if something you wanted for a long time disappears, it's not a reason to quit.

Find something to love.

Find something to fight for.

Find something to live for.

That's what keeps me going.

i always fight for my happiness even though i very rarely get to enjoy it. so yeah. the very few days each year i feel happy are worth it to chase after them each day

What if your only want is to know whether you'll get your want? Then you'll never get it, so what does that mean?

What if you want to die? You'll never die?

What if you want to want things? Then that contradicts itself, because you'll never want something although you want already?

What if you want to have a brain? Then you'll never have a brain so how are you wanting?

MINDFUCK

I'd rather stop. Whats the point of wasting your life if you can't even get the even most simplest thing that you want?

Rather die happy than die like a slave to the universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a good story.

A new daoist monk is asked by his elder- "what color is the sky?" the monk replies- "the sky is blue" 

The monk then goes on a long journey across asia and visits hundreds of villages. Amidst his travels, he is asked again what the color of the sky was. He replied in very poetic way, using metaphors and expressions. The elder shook his head and say "you have much to learn". After all his travels and meditating, the monk achieves enlightenment and returns to his master. The master asks a final time- "what color is the sky?" The monk replies "the sky is simply blue, nothing more or nothing less.", and the elder nods in approval and says "you have learned."

Moral- a lot of things in life are about the journey, not the actual end goal.

might seem weird but hey, daoism.

Archived