Item Values for 1 of 1 unusuals

fruits

Someone told me that their 1 of 1 unusual can get up to 250 keys pure and I definitely don't believe them. They are offering a misty skull towering for my GE KE and more, which I think is a bad deal. His/her argument that its fair is because its 1 of 1. Are 1 of 1 unusuals that rare and is this a good trade?

There are 2 Misty Skull Towering Pillar of Hats though, unless he's talking about the robo-version, but that just had a recent price update at 100 keys. Not a good trade for either though.

In any case, 1:1 unusuals are uncommon, but not super rare. It can increase the value a bit, but only to high levels if it's a good combo or the hat itself is rare. It also needs to be a permanent 1:1 unusual, with either the hat and/or effect being retired, as otherwise more can and will be unboxed.

Misty skull is one of the lowest tier u can get from halloween effects. Even fucking cauldron bubbles look nicer.

Yeah, that's right if u have smoking, or stormy storm it looks good with it, but that's just more money wasted.

Misty is badass.

1 of 2 Tower even better..

Id take it over that k.e.

just another opinion like above

30 minutes ago, renshin said:

Misty skull is one of the lowest tier u can get from halloween effects. Even fucking cauldron bubbles look nicer.

Yeah, that's right if u have smoking, or stormy storm it looks good with it, but that's just more money wasted.

Not to stir up controversy, but Misty Skull is in the top 15 effects overall, pricingwise, is SUPER noticeable in pubs, and is one of the earliest Halloween effects ingame. It's certainly not the best effect but I wouldn't call it low-tier. Personally it's like my second favorite so I'm biased, but still. 

Kush is a lowballer anyhow that offer is trash. The musty skull is prolly worth like 100 keys. Misty skull aint a bad effect but the hat is.

Towering Pillar is a massively inferior all-class hat to the KE. You can get 5-6 GE Towering Pillar's for your one GE KE. More if you're talking about the robo version, which is arguably the least desirable all-class there is.

Although Misty Skull is an old Halloween effect, it's for sure the worst of the 2012 Halloween effects in terms of desirability. Still more desirable than Gen 1 effects most of the time, but not overly so.

If you factor in "x% overpay" for unusual offers, you're getting heavily ripped off if you actually take that over your GE KE. Especially considering one's been on classifieds for a month at 170 keys where as there's several recent sales of 200+ in cash/keys/unusuals for the GE KE.

Your hat will slowly go down over time and his will increase. I still wouldn't take the offer personally, but with a hat like theirs the only selling point is the effect, not so much the rarity or the fact its all class, because frankly, the hat is pretty terrible compared to your own... Its just a thought.

4 hours ago, Pineapple Pizza said:

Misty Skull is in the top 15 effects overall, pricingwise

Not entirely true, average prices for effects is being calculated incorrectly, some are appearing much higher than they should. Dunno what's causing it though, but i can say for sure that time warp, roboactive, misty skull, and purple confetti are affected.

Looking into the Misty Skull in particular, it'd most likely end up being around 150 keys on average. I'm not about to calculate the prices, but you could compare it to bonzo, which is apparently cheaper than misty skull, and see that something isn't being calculated properly.

15 hours ago, Jarool said:

Not entirely true, average prices for effects is being calculated incorrectly, some are appearing much higher than they should. Dunno what's causing it though, but i can say for sure that time warp, roboactive, misty skull, and purple confetti are affected.

Looking into the Misty Skull in particular, it'd most likely end up being around 150 keys on average. I'm not about to calculate the prices, but you could compare it to bonzo, which is apparently cheaper than misty skull, and see that something isn't being calculated properly.

That's a good point, thanks for showing me that. 

Archived