FPS fanbases

Rambro

Whats the worst fanbase youve come across while playing another FPS game? I tried CrossFire for two days, and I instantly hated it. It is pay to win trash, with extremely advanced guns going to the highest bidder. What about you guys?

inb4 COD, Otherwise everyone would say that.

Dota. 

If you're not amazing you literally get shat on. Apparently, dota is the one game where you have to be amazing immediately otherwise you're not allowed to play. 

Dota / Smite.

Most MOBAs are like this.

Amazing = so good omg let me suck your dick to gain your knowledge.

average = lrn2play scrub

bad = eat shit

I have to agree with the above comments, MOBA Fan-bases are generally full of trash-talking brats that blame everything on everyone but themselves. Although if i had to pick an FPS i'd actually say Battlefield is the worst, mainly due to the elitism of it's fan-base and how much they shit on every other shooter out there.

FPS = First Person Shooter?

So, if we're going by that standard, then I would say Combat Arms and some parts of DayZ. I used to play Combat Arms back when it first came out and it was generally fine, but when I came back about two years later... the game was utter shit. Filled to the brim with hackers and trash-talking idiots, especially 10-year-old kids using their mommy and daddy's credit cards. DayZ, because many of the people that has tried to pull me in the game usually has a elitist mentality and tends to be a total douchebag. Luckily, I've ditched most of those friends.

If you want me to be general about Free-2-Play games (since you did mention DOTA), then I say about 90% of the English games that associates with the Nexon America Corporation. (Maplestory, Mabinogi, Combat Arms, Vindictus, Atlantic Online, Dragon Saga, etc.) All Pay-2-Win, horrible with dealing with hackers, horrible with server issues, and horrible community. They censor any person on their forums that make negative critique or complaints about the game at all and anyone participating in that behavior gets an instant ban.

Halo, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Basically any AAA title released for any Xbox Console. 848.jpg

I actually didnt have that bad of a time on COD, mostly because i played with my friends and we all had 360s. That made it easier. Never quite got into Halo, never even touched Battlefield. 

The xbox community I can say for sure has a much more immature community. Mostly since its kids that have the console. 

Halo community has to be the worst of them all. 

The xbox community I can say for sure has a much more immature community. Mostly since its kids that have the console. 

IDK about now but pre-Reach the community was pretty good. Outside of the uber competitive people you only saw at the higher levels of ranked matches, it was pretty good. People enjoyed making, sharing, and playing custom maps and gametypes, trying to make new and cool screenshots (before Reach and 4 where 99% of them are memes and naked animu gurls made out of weapons), and just having fun.

Battlefied.

Battlefield players think Battlefield is perfect and is a game for 'adults' and the CoD fanbase is full of 12 year old kids and theirs consisting of 20+ years old individuals. My fav YT commentator Drift0r quit BF3 because of this. Since Drift0r is mainly a CoD player that also enjoyed playing BF3, a lot of BF3 players wrote hate messages to drift0r (dirft0r said these weren't trolls but really well consurcted arguments (trolls do this too...)) telling he should bug off from BF3 because he's a CoD player and they don't have BF3 to be spoiled.

and like in the video below, it all comes down to Elitism, which is the root of all horrible fanbases.

Halo Reach and earlier have had decent communities. You'd have the occasional squeaker, but trash-talking and mic spamming weren't too terrible. Halo 4 though, that picked up the CoD fanbase, so no.

Also, I tend to find the PS3's online communities more immature than the 360's, likely because of one key factor: the pay wall. The playstation 3 has free online, while the 360 does not, and most parents aren't willing to shell out for the cost of Live.

Tf2. The profit-at-all costs mentality is cancerous. 

LMAO this. It came to the point where I thought I was the only spending money on this game and only buy items I actually want and use them (I only use tf2wh because I wanna avoid greedy folks who only care about profit)

LMAO this. It came to the point where I thought I was the only spending money on this game and only buy items I actually want and use them (I only use tf2wh because I wanna avoid greedy folks who only care about profit)

Those "greedy folks" are the ones who are keeping the TF2 economy alive and thriving, and by extension creating a place for community contributed items leading to most of the items that exist. So without these "greedy folks" the items you're wearing right now wouldn't exist. 

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, almost all of the FPS comminuties are bad, doesn't matter if the game's good (TF2, Quake, etc.) or bad (CoD Black ops 1/2, Battlefield, etc.), you'll  find pretentious assholes laughing or insulting at you 24/7. They'll yell at you for any reasons, whenever you win, lose, die, kill, conquer/capture something, etc.

It may be just me, but i rarely ever found a kind player helping me out or teaching something new to me, or at least that didn't act like an asshole in any FPS game.

In my opinion, almost all of the FPS comminuties are bad, doesn't matter if the game's good (TF2, Quake, etc.) or bad (CoD Black ops 1/2, Battlefield, etc.), you'll  find pretentious assholes laughing or insulting at you 24/7. They'll yell at you for any reasons, whenever you win, lose, die, kill, conquer/capture something, etc.

It may be just me, but i rarely ever found a kind player helping me out or teaching something new to me, or at least that didn't act like an asshole in any FPS game.

This was much better/clearer/longer, but then my computer crashed, so here's a condensed version:

Because most video games, as a general rule, are filled with computer nerds who really aren't good at sports and the like, and are constantly ridiculed because of it. But then they discover video games, which you don't really have to be strong or athletic to be good at. Once they get good, they take out all their past frustration on people less good at them, because they finally are better than someone at something. 

the xbox community is the absolute worst, you get some golden gems that actually have intelligence, other than that you get 8 year old kids calling you a "Nigger bitch" when you kill someone on l4d to defib him :l

Archived