Trading bot

shiroo

I saw so many bots on backpack.tf and i really want to make one but i don't know how :/
I need to buy bp.tf premium or something? Please help.

There's tons of free resources and open source examples for making bots, or you could just use bot.tf

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, MsFloofie said:

Use Bot.tf or make your own with TF2-Automatic

I would not recommend the above. It is much better to program your own. Tf2-Automatic has several flaws, and is easily outpaced by even the worst custom bot. This is because tf2-automatic uses the unreliable prices.tf API to price items. On the topic of bot.tf, you will be running a 1 bot, not hundreds. As a result, you can have the bot accept offers much faster. Also, bot.tf is basically a scam with thier prices. It is possible to run a bot for virtually free.

For people who are confused, Heroku can be used to host a single bot for free, although its not the most reliable thing in the world

On 5/25/2020 at 5:06 AM, Piman said:

I would not recommend the above. It is much better to program your own. Tf2-Automatic has several flaws, and is easily outpaced by even the worst custom bot. This is because tf2-automatic uses the unreliable prices.tf API to price items. On the topic of bot.tf, you will be running a 1 bot, not hundreds. As a result, you can have the bot accept offers much faster. Also, bot.tf is basically a scam with thier prices. It is possible to run a bot for virtually free.

But not everyone has the knowledge required to make their own bot. And making a bot from scratch doesn't make it foolproof either. Anyways, TF2-Automatic seems pretty promising: self-hostable, has active development and can be forked to bring your own changes and fixes. 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, Piman said:

lol,
prices.tf is very reliable I would say the only "flaw" with it is the slow update times which actually can be considered fast

I mean, I have a small pricing server running an API that has under and over cutting scripts built-in. Any third grader with scratch can make one of those. With a custom server, you can update extremely quickly, and because your serving a smaller audience, you can use other tactics to have an edge over literally every other trading bot.

The competition is the same, doesnt matter if you use your own "special custom mega good trading bot" or if you use tf2-automatic, bot.tf, scrippy.tf.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, Piman said:

Also, bot.tf is basically a scam with thier prices.

Danny Li, the creator of Bot.tf states:

The core purpose of Bot.tf is to provide the highest quality trading bots around — premium.

- snip -

Another reason why it cannot be free is the fact that Team Fortress 2 was not ready for mass scale automation at the time. A sudden presence of hundreds of automatic trading bots would probably severly impact the economy negatively, due to the panic this may spread. I knew that I had to introduce these bots to the mass slowly and one way to do it is to add a price tag to it.

Source

Archived