Which lag is worse?

Kevin the Chicken God

My friend and I always complain to each other about different types of lag while playing vanilla tf2

One of us has a shitty pc that runs at 10-15 frames all the time, the other has bad internet and gets 150-200 ping consistently

In your opinion, which would you rather play with?

Or, what type of lag is the worst of all the different kinds (input, etc..)?

The worst kind is the frame skipping kind where you're fine for like 5-6 seconds, and then you teleport between frames so none of your hitscan shots are registered.

I had lag so bad once that I cabered someone and it exploded, but neither of us got damage (and no hitsound).

Ive always heard of bad netcode, but never seen what it does

Also, I get 10-15 fps in tf2 (only 1 map Ive found that I can run at 20-30), but manage to get 20+ in Crysis 2 Maximum Edition and 30+ in Loadout, so idk what's wrong there

Also, I get 10-15 fps in tf2 (only 1 map Ive found that I can run at 20-30), but manage to get 20+ in Crysis 2 Maximum Edition and 30+ in Loadout, so idk what's wrong there

I hope this is enough.

Ummm how....I can easily pull upwards of 100 in tf2 yet only get like 40 in bf3 (so presumably something similar in Crysis)--i.e. TF2 should outclass Crysis easily (in FPS).

Shitty PC with 10-15 FPS? I've got that.

Bad Internet with 150-200 ping? I've got that.

Try playing with both at the same time. You can't do sh*t.

Depends on what cripples the most. In my opinion, I say Ping.

Despite of having 30 FPS on my old computer with TF2, I played Tera Online at 10~15 FPS with a Lancer. I actually can play a Lancer better with 10~15 FPS than 30+ FPS on my new computer. However, you cannot play Warrior (Tank/DPS class) with 10~15 FPS, since it relies on you to dodge so much. If you get used to the FPS after a while, then it wouldn't be a problem at all, depending on what class you play.

T.T i have a shitty mac that runs(if im lucky) at 10-15 fps. And since im an expat in asia, i cant join the local servers since i wont understand shit, and if i join EU or US servers i will get ping anywhere from 250-1000, with random spikes

fps which you can see is so choppy it hurts to play, yet your computer reports you playing in 60 fps.

not only is the frames choppy, you get really mad because your fucking computer isnt even picking up its so slow

Well since my computer can run tf2 at 50-60 fps ,but my internet sucks. So bad internet is the worse for me ,but that won't stop me from dominating people :3

Archived