Jump the Shark

F  CHARLIE

A friend of mine believes that Valve has "jumped the shark" with Tf2 this past year in general. Opinions?

Imo, Strongbox was stupid to do. They should have waited.

Jumping the shark basically means when the thing(like a tv series or video game) starts to lose its touch, because smthin like the directors or whatever tries to make the thing good, but instead ruins it.

For people who didnt know

Welll, i remember when there were onl ythe classic effets(NnB-Burn/Scorch) and normal hats, now we have like a milloin effects(Most are ugly) and a millin of hats(Most are ugly), Strange miscs and everything... I like the killstreak idea, the many unusuals, effects, australiums are not rly neccesary i think

Welll, i remember when there were onl ythe classic effets(NnB-Burn/Scorch) and normal hats, now we have like a milloin effects(Most are ugly) and a millin of hats(Most are ugly), Strange miscs and everything... I like the killstreak idea, the many unusuals, effects, australiums are not rly neccesary i think

NnB was second gen but yeah.

I'm happy with TF2 additions. The new cosmetics keep things fresh. MvM drops are fun and make MvM more rewarding to play. The new unusual effects are rather meh overall with a couple of exceptions but I see no reason to complain about them.

In my opinion Valve should just make Unusuals common to find and have fewer effects. I would keep GE, PE, Burning, Scorching, All first Gens, Disco Beat Down, AF, RA and the Terror/Killa-Watt effects. All the 2nd gen effects sucked (smoking, steaming, planets, NnB).

Australiums are just reskins like botkillers. Rather pointless.

Unfortunately Valve realised that TF2 was 7/8 about trading and hats so they made more ugly new ones, now we're just bored and want them to focus on the actual game.

Conclusion:

Dear Valve,

Please make NO NEW HATS or UNUSUAL EFFECTS. Discontinue Unusuals as they fill the economy (however discontinuing = more expensive). Stop the reskins and give NEW WEAPONS and focus more on the game.

(P.S.) All coming from an Unusual Hat owner :P

Aussies aren't bad; but the projectiles/bullets should be golden too--i.e. golden stickies, golden rockets...

There will probably be a separate update for that.

Or people could just...play the game?

I have been and am getting tired of 2 Cities.  I want valve to drop parts and kits?fabs on other maps/missions.

I don't think the game has "jumped the shark" yet, but I will say that I haven't been interested in the newer updates since VALVe decided to start going for quantity over quality with the community-selected cosmetics. Since the Robotic Boogaloo, each major update content pack, we've gone from 57 cosmetics, to 64 (in 8 crates), 25 (in 2 crates), 102, 41 (in 2 crates, with 9 being Festive weapons), and 43. I long for the days when new content seemed like a compliment to the main game, and was consistently high quality, rather than the gross amounts of same-y fluff in uneven batches we get today. And that's not even getting into the craploads of Unusual effects we've gotten, or the fact that these cosmetics are prioritized over new weapons and maps.

I want more kill effects.

We have just falling over / flying through the air, gibbed, turned to gold and ice, and disintegrating - but I'd like to see things like melting, turn to ice and then gib, explode with bits of electricity sparking off the chunks.

Can make the effects like that a part or an effect on a killstreaker after say 20 kills or so.

I don't think the game has "jumped the shark" yet, but I will say that I haven't been interested in the newer updates since VALVe decided to start going for quantity over quality with the community-selected cosmetics. Since the Robotic Boogaloo, each major update content pack, we've gone from 57 cosmetics, to 64 (in 8 crates), 25 (in 2 crates), 102, 41 (in 2 crates, with 9 being Festive weapons), and 43. I long for the days when new content seemed like a compliment to the main game, and was consistently high quality, rather than the gross amounts of same-y fluff in uneven batches we get today. And that's not even getting into the craploads of Unusual effects we've gotten, or the fact that these cosmetics are prioritized over new weapons and maps.

ftfy

I disagree with everyone about 3rd gen effects.  What?  Did you want them to continue with 2nd gen only?  Hell no.  They should swap effects this upcoming summer as well.  We can hope that robot boogaloo was just a tribute to MvM's popularity and will not show up again.

To make robo hats actually worth something, I suggest making them craftable into something other than more hats and misc. Maybe make them craft into strange parts and chem sets instead.

i want them to fix cosmetic issues already not mention same thing is happening with unusual effects.

I am talking about cosmetics and unusual effects that detach from players keep floating random place of the map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223621835

In 1 case if seen floating cosmetic items plague random player aka follow that player blocking their view permantly untill owner of the floating cosmetics disconnects or joins spectate.

tf2 is in very broken state right now and a fix is overdue

To make robo hats actually worth something, I suggest making them craftable into something other than more hats and misc. Maybe make them craft into strange parts and chem sets instead.

Good idea but how is that gonna help with robo unusuals.

Archived