Backpack Value Decrease (Confusion)

Soul Excalibur

Just want to say that I don't care about my items decreasing in value, I'm just happy I still have them.

But what confuses me is $ and buds value that BP.tf calculates.

I'm not sure how this happened but some help would be nice because I am kinda confused.

Let's just say that one day my bp is valued at 30 Buds ($925) and the next day it's 23 Buds (But says $855)

Assuming Buds are approx. $40-$50, wouldn't a decrease of 7 Buds be like $300-$500.

I don't even know what have been dropping in price, is it because of Refined Metal dropping? then why hasn't any of my friends backpacks been dropping too?

If someone could clear this up for me that would be great.

Thanks.

Looks like they finally lowered their listed cash value of refined.  That's a good and overdue move, though the number is still a bit high -- 25 cent refined is pretty easy to come by.

Your backpack was never worth $925, and its not even worth the $855 its priced at now. Refined is the only item on backpack.tf that has the ability to have a suggested monetary value. All other real world monetary values on backpack.tf are simply derived from the value of refined on backpack.tf which is a highly inaccurate system.

Buds have never been worth $50 and only peaked around $40 for a brief time around Halloween. Currently you can locate key sellers in-between $1.70-$1.80 and bud sellers in-between $33-$35 by simply searching Outpost. Yet on backpack.tf keys are supposedly worth $1.89 and buds are worth $36.86 because $.27 (value of refined)*7(amount of refined for a key) = $1.89*19.5(amount of keys for a bud) = $36.86, and it was even worse before the refined suggestion was passed.

Therefore, when the suggestion passed lowering refined, it brought down the value of every item in your backpack making you "poorer" even though nothing changed and now you have a more accurate, though still inflated value of the value of your backpack.

I don't know why, but my backpack rose 0.5 buds which was impossible to happen when I only resell strange weapons for only a day .___.

Its because you own more unusuals than regular items. Refined suggestion passed making buds cheaper, but unusuals are stored in USD and based off the value buds, so if buds are cheaper, then it costs more buds to meet that USD amount.

Example:

Unusual worth $250 before suggestion would be roughly $250/$40=6.25 buds, but after the suggestion it would be worth $250/$36.8=6.8 buds

4 points i wanna make:

-Your buds value will rise or drop of the actual value of buds in keys rise or drop.

-Your dollar value will rise or drop depending if refined metal rises or drops.

-Your friends backpack should have dropped as refined metal drops, it effects everyone.

-Maybe it seems like theirs didnt drop because their backpacks are worth too little, or yours is worth a lot more, or maybe just one of your specific items in your bp are dropping.

Its because you own more unusuals than regular items. Refined suggestion passed making buds cheaper, but unusuals are stored in USD and based off the value buds, so if buds are cheaper, then it costs more buds to meet that USD amount.

Example:

Unusual worth $250 before suggestion would be roughly $250/$40=6.25 buds, but after the suggestion it would be worth $250/$36.8=6.8 buds

Please drop Refined metal to $1.00 <3

If your goal is to have a stable backpack value according to an arbitrary measurement made by a website, then trade all your stuff in for keys. If your goal is to enjoy what you own and have fun, then don't pay any attention to that squiggly blue line.

Example:

I thought that had been fixed and unusuals were supposed to hold their value in buds?

I thought that had been fixed and unusuals were supposed to hold their value in buds?

Only on suggestions made after the update. All suggestions prior to the update are maintained in the old system.

Archived