What do i do with a unique unpriced unusual?

Plagueman

Yesterday i happened to unbox a purple energy Racc Mann, but as far as Backpack.tf's item database is concerned it's the only one to exist, meaning it does not have a price yet. I know next to nothing about unusual trading and i have no clue about how to price such an item, though from what i can tell the average price for purple energy unusuals is currently around 94 keys, while the average unusual price for the Racc Mann is around 122 keys. Would it be smart to just put it up for trade and see what people offer, otherwise can anyone suggest what to do with it? 

8 minutes ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

They will lowball.

1 hour ago, TripleMasterA said:

Put up a sell order for around 300 key mark.

So i should ''highball'' it?

1 hour ago, Plagueman said:

So i should ''highball'' it?

I'd say 300 is actually not absurd based on other listings, I wouldn't expect to get more than 250 for it personally 
If you look at all the unusual Racc Manns, the only ones that are priced are the ones with crate-specific effects (which will be a lot more common than a gen 1-3 effect on this hat):
https://backpack.tf/unusual/Racc Mann
Now if we look at all current listings for unusual Racc Manns:
https://backpack.tf/classifieds?page=1&item=Racc Mann&quality=5
All the ones on the first page are all the crate-specific effects, Gen 1-3 starts with a Scorching at 450 and a Burning at 750. Of course Energy effects are bit below that, so based on that you should be a bit below there. That's where the 300 comes in

I don't really have any experience with unusuals around this tier but I'd be looking for around 200-220, not take any less than 150

4 hours ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

To those asking, I am assisting this user with any potential trades and deals on the hat. 

You mean sharking?

7 hours ago, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

You mean sharking?

He's actually helping me get a good price for it, around the 250 key mark :) 

Archived