Existential Crisis

✔ P I X E L A T E D ✔

I accept that large portions of the modern world is going thru a mass/widespread existential crisis while large parts are not thus creating rifts in the culture.  These rifts are about direction and solving them will be incredibly difficult.  It is more likely that we will collapse and mankind will enter a sort of dark age where life is a simpler strugle and therefore has less impact from the existential crisis.

Edit:  Also, this brings along the onset of depression so be carefull.

An existential crisis is a moment at which an individual questions the very foundations of their life: whether their life has any meaning, purpose or value.[1] This issue of the meaning and purpose of existence is the topic of the philosophical school of existentialism

If this is all, then yes, a lot. However, some shit down the page has never happened to me before, and hopefully won't happen in the future. I too get this when I'm lying in bed and can't sleep. Or during exams for no obvious reason. 

I stopped freaking out about what I am doing now and started imaging the person I want to be instead.

I try to think happy thoughts when im up at night.

I think at one point or another everyone thinks about this and scares them selves. Unless they are religious, normally religions have a reason for your existence

I think at one point or another everyone thinks about this and scares them selves. Unless they are religious, normally religions have a reason for your existence

From an evolutionary point of view, religion, in part, is a coping mechanism that allows society to function.  The existential crisis has no good solution for all of society and is one of humanities great weeknesses.  All other species are free to act on their instinct unconcerned with thier mortality while we can become paralyzed by this thought.

Archived