Will tradeable Steam Gifts go up in value?

Soju

I have some tradeable Steam gifts in my inventory. Since they can't be obtained anymore is there a good chance they'll become valuable collectors items in the future? (Games are CSGO, HL2, and The Orange Box)

4 hours ago, Gabe said:

I have some tradeable Steam gifts in my inventory. Since they can't be obtained anymore is there a good chance they'll become valuable collectors items in the future? (Games are CSGO, HL2, and The Orange Box)

Isn't CSGO free for the past 1 year+?? Advertising HL2 right now wouldn't any good since its also free(until march/when HL:Alyx gets released). For the orange box,i have no idea but if you wanna keep it,sure

gifts are higher in value but also lower in demand. csgo still gives some premium perks and is still worth and HL2 may be in demand after the free 2 play period from people that didn't get the game somehow. Example is L4D2 and even though it was free for a time, gifts rose to a higher price. that being said people will just buy from the store if it's cheaper for them, so there's a ceiling on how much you can ask. 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, 3v1lcl0n3 said:

HL2 may be in demand after the free 2 play period from people that didn't get the game somehow.

The current HL2 situation isn't "free to keep" though. It is just a really extended free weekend.

Archived