Need opinions on a trade I made...

Raritylicious

[I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS ON GENERAL FORUM SO I LOCKED THAT ONE UP AND MOVED IT HERE]

So few weeks ago, I bought a golden pan from mplc for 2,950$ and had it until few hours ago.

I randomly checked all the viewfinder listings earlier today and found someone QUICKSELLING Viewfinder It's a secret to everybody CLEAN with 1800 keys price tag on it. (He listed maybe few hours before I checked since I searched viewfinder unusuals a day before and didn't see his listing)

The current suggested value is 2350 keys and it's suggestion which is 6 month ago shows that the previous owner paid it in mix.

What I'm guessing is that if he had pure or cash instead, he could have bought it for maybe 2000 keys or bit lower. (but that's BEFORE the whole Crate Depression which caused ALL misc halloween unusual prices to go skyrocket)

I added him and paid him gpan + 100 keys pure for it.

I won't lie, I'm a very impulsive and impatient person.

I tends to just do things and make (mostly) poor decisions.

Did I make another bad decision?

Is there a market/collectors for this specific hat?

Looks like you got it for somewhere between 500-900 dollars off, depending on what we wanna value keys at (1.6, 1.7, or 1.8) You paid alot but the discount is definetly there yknow look at what the Secret Moon Polar Pullover's been offered, pretty good stuff of course not far from what you paid here. Goodluck!

Depends what you end up selling it for, if you even choose to. I'm not super well-versed in the Uber high-tier economy, but I think that's about how much a pan goes for purely in decent Unusuals? I think it's pretty good though, especially with how much people like to highball their miscs these days. Myself included. I have no shame.

That's a relief!

Thanks for the opinions, guys.

I normally just BUY things I want via pure or cash and never really do *trades* for potential profits and such.

It's really great to hear that I made a good trade.

21 minutes ago, Norah said:

Depends what you end up selling it for, if you even choose to. I'm not super well-versed in the Uber high-tier economy, but I think that's about how much a pan goes for purely in decent Unusuals? I think it's pretty good though, especially with how much people like to highball their miscs these days. Myself included. I have no shame.

I do have a buyer waiting to buy it via pure or cash.

Honestly, I'll be happy to sell it for around suggested value unless someone else comes along and offer more.

So yea, if nothing happens, I think it will be sold to the said buyer at suggested value.

I'm not a fan of doing something like listing 100 keys worth unusual for 1000 keys and wait months for someone rich and crazy enough to come and buy it.

edit: unless I do something impulsive again.

I am a collector of all class miscs and trust me if I did not have the other secret vvf with me, I would have bought it already. You paid just fine. Don't regret about it or overthink your decision. 

Thanks!

I got few people interested in the hat even before I put it on listing on bptf already :D

Perhaps I'll keep it for a bit and see how further I can go.

Archived