Basic Killstreak Unusual Hat

Badhitreg

I was looking through this guy's bp and I saw he had a basic killstreak Eerie KE... how is this possible? Do universal basic killstreak kits exist?

wtf.PNG

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/6526;6;uncraftable;kt-3

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/6523;6;uncraftable;kt-2

There was a glitch that made all killstreak kits drop without a specific weapon attached to it, therefor making them work with almost any item you wish. Went up in price quite abit since they first appeared, but you can still buy and used them on your burstchester or whatever poor financial choice you may have in mind with em :D

12 minutes ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/6526;6;uncraftable;kt-3

https://marketplace.tf/items/tf2/6523;6;uncraftable;kt-2

There was a glitch that made all killstreak kits drop without a specific weapon attached to it, therefor making them work with almost any item you wish. Went up in price quite abit since they first appeared, but you can still buy and used them on your burstchester or whatever poor financial choice you may have in mind with em :D

never asked about universal specialized or professional kits. This is a basic killstreak kit I'm asking about.

Another example you can look at if my memory serves me correct, if you look at the Golden Wrench Owner collection on the wiki, some of the wrenches have a basic killstreak on them. The Golden Wrench does not tie in with a wrench kid because their item ID's do not match that of the wrench, so thus a universal kit must be applied to it to have it killstreak based. So basic killstreaks most likely do exist, just not as many as the universal spek and pro kits.

9 minutes ago, Vagisil said:

I’ve honestly deleted them off all the hats I’ve traded with them on it. Makes them harder to sell imo

have you ever owned one

2 hours ago, Freak4ever2000™ said:

but you can still buy and used them on your burstchester or whatever poor financial choice you may have in mind with em

I put one on my Cheater's Lament for irony's sake.

21 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

I put one on my Cheater's Lament for irony's sake.

im both jealous of the lament aswell as the self applied killstreak

2 hours ago, Wild_Rushn said:

Another example you can look at if my memory serves me correct, if you look at the Golden Wrench Owner collection on the wiki, some of the wrenches have a basic killstreak on them. The Golden Wrench does not tie in with a wrench kid because their item ID's do not match that of the wrench, so thus a universal kit must be applied to it to have it killstreak based. So basic killstreaks most likely do exist, just not as many as the universal spek and pro kits.

Not concerning the thread's subject, but I've always wondered if Frying Pan kits work on GPans. I assumed they would, but reading this about the GWrench makes me wonder.

7 hours ago, Nico said:

Not concerning the thread's subject, but I've always wondered if Frying Pan kits work on GPans. I assumed they would, but reading this about the GWrench makes me wonder.

Unfortunately with Golden Pans, when the pan is given in mvm, it comes with a pre-applied, randomized pro killstreak that I believe can't be removed or altered in any way. Correct me if I'm wrong ^^

On 1/3/2020 at 6:36 AM, Wild_Rushn said:

Another example you can look at if my memory serves me correct, if you look at the Golden Wrench Owner collection on the wiki, some of the wrenches have a basic killstreak on them. The Golden Wrench does not tie in with a wrench kid because their item ID's do not match that of the wrench, so thus a universal kit must be applied to it to have it killstreak based.

This is wrong. Killstreak Kits can be used on reskins despite them being separate items.

e.g. The Festive Wrench and all 8 Botkiller Wrenches all just use a regular Wrench Killstreak Kit despite having different ID numbers from the regular Wrench.

Same with all other Festives and Botkillers. Also Gun Mettle and Tough Break skins (but not War Paints which are programmed differently).

The only cases were items that are basically identical require different Killstreak Kits are "remodels", e.g. Pistol, Luger, and CAPPER all require different kits. And even then Valve sometimes forgets to do it that way; i.e The Nostromo Napalmer just uses a Stock Flame Thrower Kit instead of having it's own kit.

Archived